Technical Product Manager at OpenFin
At the moment, we are all working remotely. However, we have offices in London and New York, and this positions can be based in either office (subject to your existing legal right to work in either jurisdiction).
For the past 10 years, OpenFin has been at the forefront of software innovation in Finance. From HTML5 to open source development, we are leading the charge in creating industry standards and currently have over 200,000 desktops at our 100+ clients.
As we continue to break new ground on the product side, we are seeking a new Product Manager to our team. This is a big opportunity to create change and innovation within the Financial Industry. This product manager role will be primarily focused on a front-end user facing product.
As a Product Manager you will:
- Work with the team to establish a shared vision across the company, by building a consensus on priorities through to product execution
- Use your domain expertise to develop product roadmaps
- Create community around your product area. Build strong, personal relationships with customers and partners and manage conversations and communicate product timelines and roadmap
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products and new features
- Create and iterate on prototypes and designs for product delivery and execution
- Handle product execution, release notes and sprint planning
We’re looking for colleagues with:
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience as a Product Manager and experience having worked as Software Engineer
- Experience with highly technical products. You should feel comfortable with git, coding and software development methodologies
- The ability and eagerness to learn, whether it be picking up a new tool, having a technical discussion, or delving into Chromium Release dates and latest features
- Experience in Agile methodologies such as backlog grooming, product prioritization, sprint planning and retrospectives
- Understand and Quantify OpenFin’s APIs, their usage metrics, and their impact on the OpenFin ecosystem
- BA/BS in technical or quantitative discipline or an equivalent experience
- Startup experience a plus
Move Fast. Break Nothing. OpenFin is the financial industry’s operating system, enabling rapid and secure deployment, native experience and desktop interoperability. Used by the largest industry players through to the newest of FinTech innovators, OpenFin deploys more than 1,000 desktop applications to more than 1500 buy-side and sell-side firms. OpenFin investors include Bain Capital Ventures, Barclays, DRW Venture Capital, NEX Euclid Opportunities, J.P. Morgan, NYCA Partners, Pivot Investment Partners and Wells Fargo among others. The company has offices in New York and London.
Why Work Here?
OpenFin’s product, engineering, and customer success teams lead the financial technology industry in talent and innovation. Together, they design, develop, and deploy the next generation of financial desktop applications on computers around the globe. OpenFin’s mission is to stay on the cutting edge of web technologies and to enable customers to do the same.
While we are currently remote, OpenFin prides itself on its friendly, understanding office culture. Our goal is to create a space where employees can learn and innovate, and overall, have a good time doing it. Our employees have a diverse set of interests and experiences, and we encourage you to explore those interests and share with us! We have regular happy hours, events, and other chances to socialize. Our office and our employees are conducive to a productive learning experience -- all the while creating innovative and compelling solutions for our clients.