Agile Project Manager
Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the intimidating barriers around financial transactions to make them intuitive, friendly, and even fun. And it worked: people love sending money with Venmo, and we’re growing by leaps and bounds!
But we’re only just getting started. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place where people use money. That means connecting people to their money in the most intuitive and fun way possible, then connecting people with each other. Users already love Venmo, but we know there are lots of things we haven’t thought of to make the experience of using Venmo even more delightful and valuable. All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together!
Engineering at Venmo
At Venmo, we are creating a product that people love. We strive to create a delightful user experience while connecting the world and empowering people through payments. We are looking for intellectually curious people who want to be inspired and inspire others to change the world.
Engineering is a craft, and at Venmo we want the internals of our software to be as elegant as the end user experience we are designing. We spend our days scaling our infrastructure and building new features to meet and exceed our user’s needs and wants. We teach and learn from one another, and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests.
Things you’ll do as an Agile Project Manager:
- Facilitate daily stand up, sprint pre-planning, sprint planning, retros, demos, backlog grooming sessions
- Ensure all work is represented in Jira, sized appropriately, with proper issue type, descriptions, dependencies/relationships, acceptance criteria, story points, and with consistent standards
- Minimize gaps between planned work represented in Jira, and actual work done
- Ensure all engineers are properly allocated with appropriate amount of work per sprint
- Ensure Product managers, engineering managers, and engineers work together to have stories ready for sprint starts, and close sprints cleanly with issues properly closed out and minimal carry over
- Ensure day to day changes within sprints are properly responded to and reflected in jira
- Work with Jira administrators and teams to ensure Jira is optimized for work across projects and teams
- Ensure backlog is properly managed and does not become a dumping ground
- Remove any impediments that would prevent the team from achieving its sprint goals (internal to the team as well as external, dealing with all cross functional teams as appropriate)
- Help achieve potentially shippable product increment at the end of the sprint
- Make sure team goes through agile meetings with right objectives and set up achievable goals with necessary acceptance criteria
- Work with Program Managers to ensure team goals are aligned with program goals, and tactical plans are communicated to main stakeholders including relevant cross-functional teams
- Provide accurate, understandable, and useful metrics/reporting on sprint performance, and utilize to provide feedback, demonstrate performance, and drive progress
- Drive process improvements toward consistent delivery of working product
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of consistent standards for agile process across diverse teams, with enough structure to support efficient cross organizational process, and enough flexibility to support each team's unique requirements
- Work with other Agile Project Managers and Technical Program Managers to ensure processes are consistent across the organization
What we are looking for:
- 2- 6 years as an agile project manager or scrum master for a software development team
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player, energetic personality, quality minded, focused, committed, able to work independently in a fast paced, changing environment
- Passion for agile methodology
- Knowledge of other project management methodologies a plus
- Work onsite in New York City
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.