Associate, Quality Improvement at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs-bringing better care to where it's needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that "health is local" and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet's Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we'll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
Cityblock's care model is anchored in best-in-class, team-based member care and lasting engagement; building trust with our membership and engaging traditionally complex populations is crucial to unlocking improved member outcomes and reducing unnecessary medical costs. The Patient Safety/Quality improvement team continues to expand to enable a highly reliable system of caring.
As a member of the Team, you will be responsible for supporting and organizing activities related to improving clinical quality, quality measurement, and using process improvement methods to improve care. This work is foundational to our business and clinical operations, as a robust culture and infrastructure for clinical quality and process improvement is essential to consistent delivery of excellent care
Requirements for the Role:
- Project management of specific quality improvement initiatives
- Build capacity for population-based quality improvement -to include development of data collection systems and patient registry functionality,
- Partner with the data and technology teams to convert data into actionable patient-centered reports for frontlines and leadership to use in population health efforts.
- Recording improved system workflows and their associated quality measures, and disseminating across the system.
- Assist with reporting quality metrics for internal and external requirements
- Serve as a resource to frontline teams for workflow re-design, utilizing QI tools or LEAN approaches. Design QI projects to address selected aims, develop measures of success, and support teams through rapid cycle testing.
- Implements quality improvement education modules for new employee orientation and continuing education.
- Deeply action oriented: You are excellent at project management, execution, and loop closure
- Structured "systems" thinker. When engaging with any problem, you think not only about the immediate solution but also ways to help Cityblock efficiently solve that problem at scale through systems and repeatable processes
- Facile with data organization, analysis, interpretation, and presentation.
- High-energy, positive team player. You have a proven ability to influence without authority and build strong working relationships with business partners; this is a highly cross-functional role, so a low ego and a high instinct for collaboration are musts
- You are passionate about Cityblock's mission, just like the rest of us, and are excited to be an integral member of the team
- Bachelor's degree required, other advanced degree in health related field preferred.
How We Define Success:
- Scalable, effective, and efficient operations that meet our clinical and business outcomes
- On time, high quality delivery of assignments
- Effective management of a portfolio of offerings
- Drive effective growth of the Member Services Operating Model voice throughout and around the company
- Effective engagement of cross-functional leaders in all Program Design and Implementations
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Healthcare quality improvement/process experience
- Six Sigma, Lean Certification (Green Belt or Black Belt)
What We'd Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.