Associate Site Merchandiser at Rent the Runway
About Rent the Runway:
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.
The Associate Site Merchandiser is responsible for enhancing the overall product experience on the RTR website and app. This role will be responsible for managing the accuracy and set-up of our product database. This position requires extensive cross-functional communication, proven ability to make timely decisions and provide creative solutions.
- Ensure customer experiences is seamless throughout the funnel through set-up and maintenance of product pages, designer pages and more throughout the seasons.
- Manage aspects of item creation necessary to publish products to the website. Coordinating with cross functional teams (Buying, Studio, Merch Ops) to gather all necessary data for product to go live on time.
- Work cross-functionally, especially with Buying and Marketing teams, to relentlessly maintain solid understanding of brand priorities and ever-changing product assortment to deliver appropriate representation on-site
- Partner with content marketing team to assist in developing new concept ideas to support new categories and trends within our navigation and homepages
- Provide business inputs and context to creative teams for execution, ensuring content is revenue-driving, on brand, and impactful.
- Provide thorough and timely QA for site content daily
- Assist in daily marketing updates of the website by providing relevant category information to the marketing team
- Partner with site merchandising manager & the email marketing team to provide suggestions for email content as well as provide trending categories to support marketing initiatives
- Analyze site metrics, customer feedback and other related data to identify opportunities across product categories
- Provide thorough and timely QA for site content daily to ensure product data integrity
- Meet digital initiative deadlines. Take on additional projects, as needed
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of site merchandising experience
- Strong computer skills are a must. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel & PowerPoint knowledge is a must)
- Can effectively cope with change & shift gears comfortably. Can make effective decisions without always having total picture
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Aptitude for being organized with flexibility and for delivering results in a fast-paced environment
- Pro-collaborative personality; ability to use feedback from others in a constructive way
- Strong analytical skills
- Bonus Qualifications: Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, CMS Experience and;
- A keen visual eye, sense of style and knowledge of fashion trends