As Community Engagement Principal, you will lead Via’s efforts to educate and engage community organizations, parent groups, and elected officials on the “Via for Schools” project in NYC, and municipalities elsewhere interested in GPS tracking and routing technology on school buses.
What You'll Do
- Engage key stakeholders and effectively represent Via and the benefits of our school bus solutions to community groups, parents, students, elected officials, and NGOs, with an immediate focus on New York City
- Represent the company at local events and other public forums
- Interface effectively with school administrators; school bus advocates; unions; parents and students
- Draft written material: blog posts, factsheet, formal correspondence, presentations, etc.
- Work closely with Via’s Strategy and Partnerships teams to support and advance their work on Via for Schools
Who You Are
- At least 5-10 years relevant experience
- A strategic thinker and day-to-day executor who can juggle several issues at once; you’re able to effectively consider and solve both short and long-term problems
- Execution-oriented; a self-starter who takes action and achieves tangible results
- An exceptional communicator, both verbally and in writing, who is effective one-on-one and in front of a crowd
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and feel comfortable with a high level of responsibility
- In policy or geographic areas that are new to you, you can quickly get up to speed, identify the key issues, and quickly develop and execute a strategy;
- Have extensive experience managing relationships with a broad spectrum of stakeholders
- Have significant legislative, political, organizing, campaign, and/or advocacy experience
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized and customizable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting, last we checked…)
Long story short: we’re very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world and modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.