Community Engagement Principal, Via for Schools at Via
As Community Engagement Principal, you will lead Via’s efforts to educate and engage community organizations, parent groups, and elected officials on the “Via for Schools” project in NYC, and municipalities elsewhere interested in GPS tracking and routing technology on school buses.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Engage key stakeholders and effectively represent Via and the benefits of our school bus solutions to community groups, parents, students, elected officials, and NGOs, with an immediate focus on New York City
- Represent the company at local events and other public forums
- Interface effectively with school administrators; school bus advocates; unions; parents and students
- Draft written material: blog posts, factsheet, formal correspondence, presentations, etc.
- Work closely with Via’s Strategy and Partnerships teams to support and advance their work on Via for Schools
- At least 5-10 years relevant experience
- A strategic thinker and day-to-day executor who can juggle several issues at once; you’re able to effectively consider and solve both short and long-term problems
- Execution-oriented; a self-starter who takes action and achieves tangible results
- An exceptional communicator, both verbally and in writing, who is effective one-on-one and in front of a crowd
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and feel comfortable with a high level of responsibility
- In policy or geographic areas that are new to you, you can quickly get up to speed, identify the key issues, and quickly develop and execute a strategy;
- Have extensive experience managing relationships with a broad spectrum of stakeholders
- Have significant legislative, political, organizing, campaign, and/or advocacy experience
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. We’re building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. We’ve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries, projects in more than 50 markets, and a goal of 200 deployments by the end of 2019. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.