Corporate Social Responsibility Program Manager at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We’re seeking a dynamic and resourceful Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Program Manager to join our newly formed Social Impact team. The new Social Impact Department uses our technology, expertise, and resources to transform how the world connects and communicates to shape an equitable and more sustainable future. The program encompasses our Corporate Social Responsibility and DEI Programs under the pillars of community, education, and sustainability.
This person will play an important and operational role in Braze’s CSR programs externally and internally. The CSR program will be funded by our Pledge 1% donor-advised fund (DAF), in which Braze is donating 1% of equity over 10 years. The DAF will support new and existing programs, which includes Tech for Black Founders, an initiative aimed to create an ecosystem that provides the resources and technology to empower Black-founded businesses and level the playing field for underserved founders. This person will also be instrumental in standing up a sustainability program that will have a goal of making Braze carbon neutral. This role will report to the Vice President of Social Impact (directly reporting to our CEO.)
- Oversee and manage Braze CSR programs in close coordination with various departments
- Manage and scale product grant programs, including Tech for Black Founders
- Build out communities surrounding our product grant programs
- Work closely with other departments to build out Braze’s environmental, social, and governance (ESG) policies
- Develop partnerships to help promote our product grant programs
- Oversee sustainability and carbon emissions consultants
- Regularly communicate internal and external CSR initiatives, events and progress
- Stay current on ESG programs, research, and developments
WHO YOU ARE
The ideal candidate is someone who is deeply passionate about CSR, has strong program management skills and is able to collaborate with a wide variety of departments, stakeholders, and third-party vendors. We are looking for someone with a track record of successfully building and managing a sustainability program, and creating and implementing ESG policies.
- Experience working with non-profit organizations and smaller, mission-driven businesses
- Track record of building and managing sustainability programs
- A network of third-party vendors and contractors in the CSR and ESG space
- A passion for DEI and the ability to work in close coordination with DEI programs
- Cross-functional experience in working closely with various stakeholders throughout Braze and our extended network
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong attention to detail and have exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Experience working in a high-growth tech company is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.