Design Program Manager, Templates at Squarespace
Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart that enables anyone to build a beautiful online presence. Design Program Managers (DPM) at Squarespace are embedded within our Product Design organization and manage design projects from briefing to release working alongside designers, product managers and engineers. Our product teams are deeply collaborative, and each member is directly responsible for the team's success.
We’re looking for a DPM to lead design programs within our Templates team, which is responsible for how our templates are merchandised as well as guiding users towards the right starting point. You’ll empower craft, methods, and processes to optimize design output. The DPM partners with design and product leads to increase design team efficiency, improve productivity and facilitate communication. You'll work with design managers, product managers, product designers, content strategists, user researchers, engineers, technical program managers and legal/business affairs to understand, plan, and support product goals.
You will report to the Head of Design Program Management.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Guide design scoping, timelines, and delivery in collaboration with product teams to hit brief goals.
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, and technical program management to provide a smooth creative and development process.
- Guide and document design feedback and identify opportunities to maximize design output.
- Maintain design program status and communicate across the product team
- Coordinate discovery loops and usability studies in partnership with product designers.
- Manage designer new hire team onboarding
- Create and manage budgets for content licensing
- Coordinate with legal to secure licensing agreements with content providers
- 3+ years of experience as a digital producer or program manager with a background in product, digital, or tech
- Demonstrate an understanding of product design, design research, and content strategy
- Understand and appreciate current industry product design systems
- Identify and address blockers, and push projects forward from beginning to end
- Attention to detail and capturing the big picture to achieve product goals
- Team-player mentality with a limitless determination to succeed and grow
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.