Developer Relations Manager at Cockroach Labs
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We aim to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high and build to last?About the Role
CockroachDB sits at the intersection of distributed systems and relational databases. It is a wholly new approach to a RDBMS that is purpose-built and architected for cloud-native applications. It is a perfect fit for next-generation applications and services built on modern orchestration platforms and explicitly, Kubernetes.
The Developer Relations Manager at Cockroach Labs will have the opportunity to define and create our developer and customer advocacy program that will help identify and amplify the unique ways people are using CockroachDB. The person in this role will become deeply engaged in the community of developers and vendors and be a trusted and respected ambassador. In this role, you will have a heavy focus on building a community of CockroachDB users, creating/curating developer-oriented content, and building expertise/advocacy within our users so that they will organically speak about and recommend CockroachDB to their peers. We are flexible on location but you must be US-based.You Will
- Be the voice of Cockroach Labs both in online forums and in-person events, engaging and helping developers understand and love CockroachDB while also celebrating the impact of our open-source contributors.
- Craft original content and derivative works using existing material from adjacent teams.
- Create a framework for empowering Roachers to engage with our developer community through speaking engagements and/or content development.
- Advocate for developers' needs internally within the company to improve our overall developer experience.
- Define and own metrics to measure the success of our developer content and outreach efforts.
In your first 30 days, you will evaluate the existing Cockroach Labs community and our efforts within it and in the greater database community. We believe that it's important for you to take this first month to become familiar with our technology and our company.
For your next 30 days, you’ll be in research mode and will be focused on building out what will make Developer Relations successful at Cockroach Labs, both now and in the future. We will be looking to you as the expert and want you to feel empowered to influence the strategic direction of our community efforts. During this time, you’ll start engaging with the community through online forums and will start to attend events.
After 90 days, you will be fully integrated onto the team. You’ll be an active member in the community and will have built out, in partnership with other stakeholders on the team, our Developer Relations strategy.You Have
- 5+ years leading a developer advocacy group or similar role.
- Knowledge and experience with databases (RDBMS, NoSQL, etc), SQL, application architecture.
- Experience writing technical articles or blog posts.
- A natural affinity to forge relationships with developers.
- A collaborative spirit and an ability to problem-solve.
- Excellent writing and project management skills.
Isaac Wong - VP of Engineering
Isaac is responsible for the health of the engineering organization at Cockroach Labs. He partners closely with teams to ensure we have a balanced culture that promotes quality and innovation in pursuit of our goals. Before joining Cockroach Labs Isaac was in life sciences for 16 years with Medidata Solutions where he had a front row seat on the exciting ride from a 30 person startup to more than 2000 people worldwide. But the lure of distributed, resilient, and consistent SQL databases, along with the amazing technology and culture at Cockroach Labs proved too much. When not working, he likes to draw, play the piano, and search NYC for cannolis with his wife and kids.Our Benefits
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected].