Ro is the healthcare technology company building a patient-centric healthcare system. Ro's vertically-integrated primary care platform powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. With a nationwide provider network, in-home care API, and proprietary pharmacy distribution centers, Ro is the only company to seamlessly connect telehealth and in-home care, diagnostics, and pharmacy services nationwide to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than six million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Ro also provides its patient-centric solutions including Workpath, its in-home care API, and Kit, its at-home diagnostic testing service, to other healthcare companies. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company's 2019 list of the World's Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020 and 2021, and named one of FORTUNE's 2021 Best Workplaces In Health Care.
As the Digital Producer, you will play a critical role in optimizing our publishing process on Health Guide—Ro’s main content hub. Your role will be pivotal in helping millions of people each month better understand their health and the health of the people they love. You’ll be helping Health Guide become the #1 source for accurate and empathetic consumer medical information online.
In this role, you will work directly and collaboratively with our editors, medical reviewers, and our SEO specialist. Your job is to make sure the articles people interact with on Health Guide are visually engaging and polished precisely. You’ll be overseeing a team of freelance production assistants, to make sure pieces are uploaded to our CMS with precision before they see prime-time. You’ll choose and edit article thumbnails that properly reflect the purpose of the article, as well as the branding and ethos of the Health Guide. You’ll also work closely with our design and marketing teams to coordinate graphics and diagrams for our articles. As our team grows, you’ll also help us scale Health Guide’s production pipeline, bringing on agencies and freelancers as needed.
Who are you? You’re hard-working, detail-oriented, and organized. You love project management and everything about content production—especially seeing content come together from ideas to live articles that millions will read. You have a creative eye for images and visuals, and you’re passionate about conveying complex information in a digestible fashion. You want to help people live better lives by helping our team produce the most empathetic, clear, complete, and trustworthy health content anywhere. You have strong technical chops, experience with CMS platforms like WordPress, you’re comfortable with choosing and editing images that fit with the Health Guide design aesthetic, and you have laser-sharp copyediting skills.
The most important thing for this role? Someone who has a wide range of skills and interests, who’s looking for an opportunity for those skills to flourish. You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and step in where help is needed. We’re a collaborative team that helps and supports each other in achieving the goals of the Health Guide. We hope you’re excited to join us in putting the best medical content into people’s hands.
What You'll Do:
- Manage workflow and ensure that deliverables are completed and available on schedule
- Manage our contract production assistants to make sure pieces are uploaded accurately and on time
- Do the final polish on articles before pushing them live—both in terms of visual flow and proofreading
- Source, edit, and upload stock imagery with an eye for creating an overarching look and feel for Health Guide, leaning heavily into your photo editing chops
- Recruit freelancers and partner with agencies as the number of articles we publish on Health Guide ticks upward
- Scale Health Guide’s production pipeline as our needs grow
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- 3 -5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience with content management systems (we work with WordPress)
- Extreme attention to detail and strong copyediting skills
- Excellent project management skills. You are natural when it comes to balancing multiple parallel workflows.
- Experience with photo selection and basic photo-editing
- Experience producing/managing imagery/graphics for a dynamic content property
- Experience managing contractors
- Comfort with collaborating cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for Ro’s mission of becoming a patient’s first call and a strong sense of how your skills and experience will contribute to getting us there.
- Basic understanding of SEO
- Familiarity with common SEO and project management tools, (e.g., Monday.com, Asana, SEMRush, Ahrefs)
- Prior experience working in health or medical content (a nice perk, but not required!)
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, fitness, and physical therapy
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.