Ro is the healthcare technology company building a patient-centric healthcare system. Ro’s vertically integrated primary care platform powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. With a nationwide provider network, in-home care API, and proprietary pharmacy distribution centers, Ro seamlessly connects telehealth, diagnostics, and pharmacy services to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than six million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020, and earned its Great Place to Work Certification in 2020.
We are Ro, a mission-driven healthcare technology company reinventing the way the healthcare system works. The Formulation Scientist Consultant, Dietary Supplements will focus on providing scientific expertise and knowledge to our cross-functional Over the Counter Product Development team. You will work closely with the Product Development, Clinical, and Marketing teams to research and determine the new dietary supplement formulations to support the product roadmap. You will report to the SVP of Medical Affairs and Research.
Who are you? That's a great question. You’re passionate about product formulations and obsessed with developing products of the highest safety and quality. You have incredible attention to detail and a strong background using your scientific knowledge and expertise to make strategic decisions. You are a self-starter. You are a problem solver. You are not afraid of thinking outside of the box. You're great at cooperating with team members from different areas of the business and you thrive in forward thinking situations. You’re flexible, creative, and solutions-oriented especially when working on a team. You are an excellent communicator, especially when it involves translating complex scientific concepts and information into lay-friendly terms and ideas.
At Ro, you will be integral to building products that help individuals become a healthier version of themselves.
What You'll Do:
- Provides scientific expertise on our OTC Product Development squad responsible for research, developing and launching new formulations for dietary supplement and wellness products
- Investigate and translate research results and scientific data into engaging narratives to support expansion efforts
- Develop formulations for products such as Men’s and Women’s Health and Wellness products, including vitamins and supplements.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory policies and procedures with regards to marketing dietary supplement products
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- Strong research skills to define dietary supplement formulations, including ingredients and dosages, and identify potential product claims based on recommended formulations
- Ability to work well with external vendors
- Possess strong understanding of required product testing and QA practices
- Strong ability and enthusiasm for contributing to cross-functional teams with non-scientific backgrounds
- Ability to create slide decks and graphs to visually represent complex information
- Ability to translate complex scientific concepts and jargon into easy to understand language
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Keen understanding and eye for quality and patient preferences, especially in relation to product development
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adhere to deadlines
- PhD or Masters (with relevant experience) in one of the following or related fields: Pharmacology, Medical Pharmacology, Biomedical engineering, Chemistry, Materials science and engineering or Polymer Science
- Managed and developed innovative products in or health/wellness
- Managed formulation from concept to launch
- Strong manufacturing relationships in the dietary supplement industry
- Strong knowledge of FDA regulations and ideal ingredient profiles for dietary supplements
- Strong experience in dietary supplement formulation across form factors: liquids, capsules, powders, quick dissolve and tablets
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.