WHO ARE WE?
Vestwell believes that all Americans should have easy access to a retirement account, which is why we’ve created a digital platform that makes it simpler to offer and administer 401(k) plans. We have built a digital-first platform designed to reset the bar to power a $30T industry.
Our focus is to build the most flexible, powerful workplace savings and investment platform, delivered through the hands and minds of our financial services partners with the help of payroll providers. We make the hard stuff look easy, by combining the expertise of financial advice with the sophistication of a technology provider.
As a result, financial advisors get to provide the advice and solution that employers and employees have been asking for, while growing and scaling along the way. Employers get a cost-effective solution design for their needs without the headache, and employees get a user-friendly portal that helps them achieve their long-term saving goals.
With backing from leading Fintech investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of a much-needed change in a 40-yr old industry. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we’re working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We have a lot of exciting growth ahead of us and, in this case, that means hiring an Implementation Relationship Manager to join our Retirement Services team. Your specific domain knowledge, especially around qualified retirement plans, coupled with a strong, strategic mindset are assets we want to leverage as we scale. Ideally, you have spent several years gaining defined contribution experience including client servicing, plan administration and non-discrimination testing, plan design and/or end-to-end conversion processing for 401k and/or 403b plans.
If you haven’t…. then you’re a heck of a learner with a solid background working in an operational function at a high-growth tech startup. All things considered, you must have an unparalleled commitment to superior customer service, ability to adapt within a fast-paced business environment, and previous client management experience handling several clients and projects at once.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Day-to-day you will be expected to:
- Manage all aspects of the onboarding process and successful transition of new plans onto the Vestwell platform.
- Coordinate with financial advisors, plan sponsors, prior record keepers, and/or third party administrators to determine conversion timeline, key action items and delivery dates for all parties, and communicate overall project status to all interested parties.
- Ensure collaboration with all internal teams to meet expected timelines.
- Support the creation and maintenance of the wiki and knowledgebase.
- Strong written/oral communication and organization skills. Think articulate, concise, eloquent. You get the picture.
- Ability to think on your feet to formulate a strategic response - instilling client confidence while considering efficiencies within a highly regulated space
- Aptitude for learning, creating, and iterating rapidly
- Demonstrated proficiency across internal technical operations; e.g., client onboarding processes, data collection and interpretation in Excel / other formats
- Proven track record in project management
- Proven effectiveness at being flexible, creative, team oriented, results-driven and the ability to collaborate within cross functional teams
- Understanding of the entire retirement plan conversion process from point of sale to release of conversion data
- General knowledge of ERISA rules and requirements, and experience with one or more compliance / recordkeeping systems (e.g., Relius, ASC, FIS)
- Qualified 401(k) Administrator (QKA) or higher ASPPA credential
We’re a growth-stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and, as such, offer competitive health coverage and an open vacation policy. We also have a bright, comfortable office with lots of workspace options in midtown Manhattan so you can be as productive as possible, and we hope to be back there once we’ve beaten this virus. In the meantime, we provide the team with all the equipment they need (plus a few perks) to work effectively remotely. Oh, and naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!