Manager - Platform Partnerships, ODX at OnDeck
Innovation, collaboration, and success: at ODX, We Make It Happen. We’ve changed the way small businesses access financing. With the spirit of a fintech startup and the stability of a larger organization, the ODX team unites around the goal of leading the future of small business lending technology. Here, everyone has a voice and sharing ideas is celebrated and encouraged. We have a bold and challenging journey ahead, and we can’t wait to make it happen together. Please visit www.odxsolutions.com for more information.
An ODX-powered bank experience allows customers to apply digitally, receive immediate decisions, and obtain funding as fast as same day. At the core of the ODX solution is a modular, scalable, and secure SaaS platform that enables banks to create a fully end-to-end digital experience or to select certain components. By utilizing the ODX platform, banks can focus on their desired business outcomes such as improved customer experiences, increased portfolio growth, and reduced processing costs.
What can you expect? In this role you’ll manage the relationship with an ODX bank partner. You’ll be your partner’s champion, supporting their day-to-day needs, owning key deliverables and KPIs, and driving their growth and success. Internally, you’ll work cross-functionally with Product, Project Management, Technology, and Operations teams to ensure the partner is successful. Expectations include dealing with ambiguity, solving problems, and making strategic decisions. Overall, this role reports into the Platform Partnerships function and will be a key contributor to bolstering our standing as the leading provider of digital solutions to banks.
You will be driving:
- Relationship Management - wear multiple hats on different days. Responsibilities will include business development, strategic planning, issue resolution, data analyst/consultant, marketing manager, etc.
- Ongoing Problem-Solving – ensure the continued growth of the partner’s loan portfolio by developing analytical insights and strategies based on performance to date, as well as by leading problem-resolution as issues arise.
- Cross-functional teams - collaborate with product, technology, project management, and operations teams to ensure features/products are successfully launched and any sales, servicing, or product marketing directed to SMB end-users are handled according to client specifications.
- Thought leader – help team-members in business development/customer success develop medium-term and long-term goals for the partner.
Are you right for this role? We’re looking for a team player who thrives in driving initiatives in a flat organization like ODX but also enjoys driving work in a large-scale, complex banking environment. In other words, you should be able to translate complex issues into creative solutions. You absolutely need to be open to wearing multiple hats and transitioning between job functions to fill gaps as needed, and should have excellent client management, problem solving, and analytical skills. You will be respected by peers and develop and maintain superior client relationships. You must be ready to get in the weeds with product and technology in both innovative and legacy tech environments. Finally, you must be passionate about small business lending technology!
Qualifications for success:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 4-7 years of work experience. Prior experience as a management consultant, product manager, or general manager in a technology environment is a plus. We don’t require a background in financial services but must have strong interest in the industry.
- Outstanding people-influencing skills, which we think entails being a good listener and communicator both in-person and through presentations. You should also recognize that you must adapt approaches to fit the situation and people at hand. This role does not directly manage a team so you must influence without direct authority over internal or external resources.
- Independent self-starter capable of driving cross-functional initiatives from concept to launch
- Part-time project management. Organizing work-streams across different teams and who can prioritize on-the-fly. Willing to multi-task and find creative solutions to hit deadlines that may be externally imposed
- Technically and analytically inclined with a keen attention to detail
- Positive can-do attitude. Strong passion for helping bank partners and doing what it takes to help drive company initiatives forward. Understands how to effectively navigate the organization to accomplish business and department goals.
- Professional Courage. Willing to take risks, aiming high to drive ODX forward. Has the bravery to talk straight and ask tough questions. Is open to and accepting of change, adapting to our evolving business. Proactively raises challenges and identifies solutions.
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Skills in Excel, SQL, Tableau, or other data management or visualization software in order to develop key insights for partners
- Having a key role in agile software development/scrum team
- Financial modelling skills
- Experience marketing a product targeted to small business owners; marketing campaigns at various stages of the funnel from acquisition through retention and renewals
- Experience in FinTech, other technology startups, the financial services industry and/or core banking platforms is a plus
ODX’s groundbreaking partnership efforts with banks began in 2015 and have subsequently proved that a bank and a financial technology (FinTech) company can work collaboratively to mutual benefit on a digital lending platform. ODX is now offering expanded platform solutions for small business lending to a broad range of banks and financial institutions globally.
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $8 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
Benefits for you: OnDeck and ODX believe that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**