Operational Excellence Manager, Provider
The Provider Operational Excellence team acts as a Project Management Organization for cross-team strategic initiatives and manages the pipeline of internal projects. The Operational Excellence Manager is responsible for identifying, scoping, leading, and implementing projects to to improve the lives of cancer patients. This role is responsible for forward progress on the Operational Excellence roadmap and inasmuch responsible for aligning, empowering and equipping the appropriate teams with all necessary resources.
This person will focus on collaborating with leaders across the Provider organization (e.g. customer success, product, marketing, etc.), as well as other cross-functional team members, to drive multiple projects at the same time, implement and manage process improvement initiatives, and ensure overall success of each project.
Strong candidates excel in relationship building, project management, and analytical and communication skills and have experience leading complex projects spanning multiple teams and stakeholders. This person will be able to create champions and advocates for early adoption of new processes and effectively manage change. Project outputs will include gathering feedback/requirements from impacted teams, prioritizing projects, automating processes, writing playbooks/procedures, and producing analytics & metrics to optimize the team’s efficiency and capability. This person will multiply the Provider department’s value to its clients. This role reports in to the Head of Operational Excellence within the Provider organization.
- Collaborate with leaders across the Provider org (Provider Operations, Product Marketing, Product, etc.) and additional key Flatiron departments (BD, Data Insights, etc.) to understand team hurdles and roadblocks
- Develop strong and trusted relationships with key internal stakeholders (your customers)
- Analyze existing process flows and metrics, to identify areas for improvement
- Design (with strong stakeholder input) & implement new processes and scale methodology and toolkits (e.g. playbooks) to guide internal operations & drive efficiency and effectiveness gains across the org
- Track and communicate progress and decisions clearly and regularly to internal and external stakeholders
- Advocate for internal customer needs, achieving buy-in from stakeholders and influencing cross-functional teams to achieve deliverables
- 3+ years operations, project management and/or consulting experience working collaboratively with key stakeholders at all levels
- High degree of comfort with ambiguity and can create order from disorder
- Robust project management skills with demonstrated success in bringing to life highly complex projects with multiple dependencies
- Ability to distill complex issues and translate them into concrete action plans
- Ability to effectively identify what’s important and effectively prioritize competing projects
- Passionate about our mission to improve healthcare through technology