People Systems Project Manager at Better.com
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
People Systems Project Manager
About the Job
Better is looking to hire a People System Project Manager. You will be responsible for leading continuous improvement by identifying and remediating cross-functional process gaps.
What You Will Do
- Lead the cross-functional delivery of a range of people technology deliverables using advanced negotiation, facilitation, planning and dependency management techniques.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, milestones, deliverables, detailed tasks, and resource requirements from concept creation through implementation and optimization.
- Lead SCRUM sprint planning activities to facilitate entire project lifecycle from beginning to end
- Experience working with stakeholders on prioritization of incoming issues for the Workday team
- Use Agile project methodologies to drive continuous incremental delivery against roadmap and objectives.
- Collaborate with internal teams to break complex multi-disciplinary projects into prioritized and properly scoped plans of action.
- Create clear visibility into status and progress within the team and for stakeholders
- Would be instrumental in the design and rollout of CMS, through requirements gathering and expertise.
- Identify and manage cross-team dependencies and risks; define and drive mitigation plans
- Run retrospectives to remediate operational and process gaps
- Assist People Systems leadership with developing a strategic roadmap
- Advocate for agile principles and help negotiate agreements between teams; facilitate productive communication between teams and among teammates
- Be a champion for Better’s values; advocate for trust, integrity and openness
- Help balance project work with ongoing technical and administrative tasks, particularly to elaborate when process or technology improvements may be warranted.
- Lead continuous improvement by identifying and remediating cross-functional process gaps.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5+ years of relevant HR systems project management experience.
- Experience with Workday from either an implementation or HR user.
- Must have Agile delivery experience - PMP or Agile certification preferred.
- Experience with rolling out a case management system
- Understanding of integrations and API design
- SCRUM Master certification
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, track, and deliver results.
- Able to build, manage, and work with multiple teams to achieve defined goals.
- Can communicate effectively to establish cooperative working relationships.
- Must be able to help course correct continuously as new priorities and new information becomes available
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.