Plan Compliance Associate
Who are we?
Vestwell provides every employee in America with access to a retirement account by removing the friction points financial advisors and companies have in establishing and maintaining defined contribution & benefit programs. We look out for everyone’s best interest, including financial advisors, companies and employees.
Vestwell is at the forefront of a wave of change in a $11 trillion 401(k) market; creating a new platform that lowers fees and ensures that individuals retire wealthier. We’ve raised some money from great investors in the Fintech and Finserv world to achieve this goal and are already getting a great response from customers.
What will you be doing at Vestwell?
A key component of Vestwell’s mission to empower retirement savings includes bundled fiduciary services and oversight. As a Plan Compliance Specialist, you will assist advisors and sponsors with their plan design and compliance reviews in addition to regularly monitoring our plans to ensure they are being administered correctly.
Day-to-day you will also be expected to:
- Be a strong communicator who can coordinate and follow up on the steps to implement new and existing plans onto our technology platform with financial advisors, plan sponsors, prior recordkeepers, and/or third party administrators.
- Pay keen attention to detail, deadlines, and customer service needs
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and with clients to clearly communicate the timing and other requirements of all deliverables.
- Be a self-starter, proactive leader who will manage the retirement plan design process to make sure plan features are in line with the sponsor’s expectations and other requirements.
- Be a team player who will support internal product development to constantly improve and innovate our technology platform.
- Take initiatives on gaining knowledge of the retirement industry by reading industry articles, attending seminars, courses, etc.
- 3-5 years of helping to implement compliance processes and procedures, ideally in the retirement space
- Understands the value of developing and maintaining strong business partnership with financial advisors, plan sponsors, and vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Strong and demonstrated commitment to superior customer service
- Experience in successfully handling a high volume workload
- Positive, collaborative, and proactive attitude
- Proficiency with Excel/Google Sheets, Word/Google docs, Adobe Acrobat, and browsing network directories as we are a paperless office.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, proficient with numbers and basic calculations.
- Work collaboratively with the operations teams to make appropriate recommendations to procedures and guidelines to ensure compliance with stated regulations.
- Assist in managing, monitoring, and educating the organization to ensure compliance with internal policies.
- Knowledge of one or more recordkeeping systems like SunGard Relius
- Series 65 license
- Qualified 401(k) Administrator (QKA) credential
- Startup experience in the Fintech or FinServ world.
We’re an early stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and, as such, offer competitive health coverage, an open vacation policy, coffee, cappuccino & healthy snacks, and a bright, comfortable office with lots of workspace options so you can be comfortable and as productive as possible. And naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!
Please note we don't ask about salary history from any applicant and salary history is not a factor in a hiring decision.