Principle Organizational Development Program Manager at DigitalOcean
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about learning and have a desire to help our employees grow!
We are looking for someone who's excited and passionate about organizational development and learning. The Principle OrgDev Program Manager leads our organizational development programs and processes. They orchestrate the Org Dev Team and business stakeholders and administer impactful and engaging development programs. They define and lead cultural development and organizational change initiatives that support corporate goals and strategies. They manage multiple high-impact programs which contribute to the success of the organization as a whole.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Use data analysis to synthesize solutions, procedures, and processes.
- Oversee, strategize, design, and facilitate OD and LD programs to achieve goals and results within designing programs within Talent, Performance, and Learning pillars.
- Lead the team to execute on facilitation and project management of core talent processes, including but not limited to Performance Management, Talent Planning Review, and Employee Development programs.
- Design and facilitate Executive-level development presentations and events.
- Analyze insights and data to improve the role and career path development programs.
- Design and lead change management initiatives to increase efficiency and align activities with business objectives.
- Design and administer projects and programs to meet deadlines and performance indicators.
- Analyze and collate program KPIs and metrics for company reporting.
- Evaluate program effectiveness and identify areas for improvement and optimization.
- Identify team-based strengths and weaknesses for use in career pathing, team-building, and other department functions using the SWOT process.
- Design and administer goal-based performance management programs.
- Interview leadership personnel and facilitate targeted development programs.
- Lead business optimization initiatives by conducting individual or group training sessions.
- Analyze and report on the impact of interventions on staff performance, efficiency, employee retention, and job satisfaction.
- Develop strategies with leaders to hire, develop, retain and replace talent needs within teams.
- Work with senior team members to design and facilitate participatory processes for the development and management of strategic plans for organizational development.
- Gauge readiness for organizational changes and gaps and performance by conducting surveys, analyses, direct stakeholder engagement, and other learning exercises.
- Develop and execute/oversee the delivery of organizational change management support processes.
- Prepare staff to make informed choices in deciding strategies by sharing knowledge and understanding of cutting-edge organizational development research.
- Mentor, guide and lead the OD team on specialized projects and programs.
- 7+ years of practical experience in organizational development, learning & development and/or administrative leadership.
- Advanced degree in Organizational Development or related field is required.
- Experience leading multiple enterprise-level programs using Project Management/SCRUM best practices.
- Direct people management experience is a plus.
- A deep knowledge of educational frameworks, Kirkpatrick assessment, adult learning theory, instructional design, curriculum design, gamification, LMS management, microlearning concepts.
- Mastery in building, mobilizing, and working in multidisciplinary teams.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Practical experience in delivering services in organizational development, adult learning, or related fields.
- Deep knowledge of skills development and capacity-building strategies.
- Superb analytical and time-management skills.
- Exceptional ability to understand and analyze data.
- Extensive knowledge of the business to translate needs into learning programs.
- Build key relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to build and scale processes and programs from the ground up.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Want to learn more about our People team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!