At Teachable, we empower creators to transform their knowledge into income. Our Business Operations team supports our Sales and Customer Success functions. As our first Technical Project Manager, you will lead strategic initiatives to scale our teams and improve customer experiences. We are looking for a candidate with a strong track record of applying the full project lifecycle to deliver complex, cross-functional initiatives, ideally in the consumer-tech/saas space. Effective communication across technical and non-technical contributors is crucial, as is the ability to apply critical thinking to strengthen plans, remove blockers, and advance projects.
- Project manage department initiatives by gathering requirements, creating schedules and tasks, and regularly communicating updates
- Advocate for projects by clarifying and communicating project vision; be able to express how project goals support company objectives
- Form a deep understanding of Teachable’s platform and internal systems in order to surface opportunities and operate contextually across a large variety of stakeholders
- As necessary, develop business cases in order to obtain budget approval
- Partner with Business Operations on development of quarterly roadmaps and retros
- Produce documentation to operationalize new systems, tools, and processes
- 3+ years of Technical Project Manager experience with a demonstrated understanding of Project Management frameworks, strategies, and principles (e.g. PMI)
- Experience managing projects in scrum/agile environments, utilizing tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Ability to work highly autonomously, while also proactively communicating updates and building alignment to advance projects
- Experience working with web technology and principles (apis, json, github, et al); familiarity with CRM/Support Platforms preferred
- Strong empathy for all stakeholder-levels, ability to anticipate requirements and objections
- Exemplary multi-mode communication skills, including but not limited to presentations, data viz, meeting moderation, and process documentation
- Bonus: Intermediate SQL; Intermediate to advanced BI platform knowledge
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now a part of the Hotmart group, an international startup, based in Brazil, with over 800 employees worldwide. Hotmart's mission is to help creators earn a living from their passion.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least September 2021
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.