Project Manager (Curriculum) at Codecademy
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. A few years later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 75+ in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
Codecademy teaches people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. The Curriculum Project Manager is responsible for leading content development projects, maintaining production schedules, and supporting Curriculum Developers to ensure our learner's needs are met.WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Create curriculum development project timelines, help define and set all deliverables, develop and implement action plans when deliverable dates are at risk.
- Organizing, documented, and running project kickoffs and weekly production meetings.
- Hiring and staffing Content Contributors and Subject Matter Experts to support content creation efforts
- Track and optimize production spend, keep projects within budget, and escalate issues when necessary.
- Work cross functionally with marketing, design, and engineering teams to ensure Curriculum Developers have all resources necessary for production efforts.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor's degree or practical experience required.
- 1+ years professional experience as a project manager specializing in content development.
- Experience with project management tools such as Jira, Asana, and the Google Suite.
- Experience with various project management strategies, such as waterfall and agile methodologies.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Formal education in Computer Science or Education.
- Interest and ability to learn programming languages, libraries, and frameworks quickly.
- Experience with SQL, data analysis, and data visualization
- Experience working with independent content creators and vendors to deliver high-quality content.
- Experience with managing teams and projects to produce educational content that reaches a wide audience in a digital format or in print.
- Experience with cost management and budgeting