Project Manager, Cybersecurity
As a cybersecurity project manager you have broad high-level business knowledge and skillsets, who understands how that role plays into overall business-wide objectives.
The role of a project manager can often be stressful, requiring juggling multiple deadlines, resources, requests, stakeholders, and goals. In order for you to be effective and stay focused and vested, you must absolutely love what you do! The project manager needs to be of an intrapreneur mindset, always evaluating the best methods for business goal attainment. This requires you to be innovative, extremely focused, as well as goal and people oriented at the same time.
Exceptional leadership skills are the foundation of this role. Leadership is not just simply leading, facilitating, managing and directing. True leaders must lead by example, make difficult decisions when needed, and act in a fair manner for all stakeholders. Crisis resolution and management is another area where applicants for this role must be well versed in and experienced. You might encounter one crisis or another, whether financial, time-based, human resource in nature or other, and will need to remain calm, focused and level-headed, and act appropriately, regardless of the situation.
The project manager must ensure that communication issues do not arise, because these can lead directly to project delays or cost overruns. You must therefore be adept at knowing how to effectively communicate, and which medium to utilize in a particular situation.
A project manager that simply moves from one project phase to another without vetting whether the activities align with the end goals cannot succeed. Instead, you must be results-oriented to the successful completion.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members' individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Proven working experience in project management
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
Project Manager top skills & proficiencies:
- Developing and Tracking Budgets
- Project Management
- Process Improvement
- Performance Management
- Inventory Control
- Verbal Communication
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, and share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents and property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We offer unlimited time off, a competitive health package, and the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, and fast-paced office environment. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards and Penn Station in New York City.