Zipari is a technology start-up company based in DUMBO, Brooklyn, NY. Our mission is to disrupt the insurance industry by introducing consumer-centric solutions powered by data analytics. We are looking for individuals who want to build a company, a culture and solve complex challenges. The Zipari team members have strong work ethics, believe in what Zipari is building, and are willing to play whatever role is necessary to achieve the company’s goals. Our team has movie geeks, foodies, talented musicians and a mix of random elements that make us one: The Zipari team!
We are seeking a Project Manager responsible for the successful execution of client engagements and other key activities. The Project Manager will provide overall leadership, planning and management for project delivery. This is a critical position that requires effective planning, teamwork and collaboration and superior managerial skills to develop and implement solutions that meet the needs of Zipari and our customers. It also requires exceptional personnel leadership and motivational skills.
What You'll Be Doing
- Managing multiple client projects that involve one or more Zipari products.
- Ensuring routine client requests are handled and problems are addressed.
- Leading all client calls and being a champion for your client, ensuring all team members are fully up to speed on product specifications, client needs, timelines, and responsibilities.
- Partnering with Client Success Management and other various project teams to ensure products are delivered on time and to the agreed upon configurations of clients.
- Creating weekly status reports and facilitating review meetings with clients.
- Providing strategic support to teams and key stakeholders with leadership, operational planning and execution, change management, program design and implementation oversight.
- Engaging cross-functional technical leads and program/project managers to build a collaborative, scaled approach to developing and maintaining sustainable business process configurations.
- Managing expectations of both internal and external stakeholders by aligning communications and improving awareness on progress, issues, and risks.
- Maintaining high quality assurance standards that support Zipari’s commitment to customer satisfaction and launching superior products.
- Evaluating customer feedback and input to determine the scope and focus areas of future projects.
- Leading project estimation, analysis, requirements and design specifications to effectively define projects and necessary resources.
- Determining the priority and cost justification for suggested modifications or enhancements to existing projects.
- Promoting teamwork and a collaborative work environment.
- Coaching for performance; assisting with mentoring and career development for staff to help them achieve their performance objectives.
- Driving Zipari continuous improvement efforts.
- 7+ years of Program/Project Management experience
- 5+ years interacting w/technical resources
- 5+ years managing Agile projects
- 3+ years of health insurance experience
- Strong client facing consulting background
- Ability to develop and maintain project plans, identify resource needs, and manage project schedule
- Extensive experience defining and reporting on metrics to support organizational goals
- Proven track record of planning and implementing an effective program management structure
- Extensive experience implementing risk management protocols and ensuring the necessary “bottom up” and “top down” communications necessary to make them effective
- Prior experience in matrix management and managing relationships between IT and the business
- Collaborate effectively across teams to define strategy, goals and commitment to timelines and deliverables
- Management experience, ability to lead and manage client delivery analysts and other junior resources to provide guidance and direction
- Strong communication skills through written and verbal communication, with technical and non-technical audiences, including executives and customers
- Ability to promote and foster teamwork and a collaborative work-environment
- Strong problem-solving and problem identification skills to preempt obstacles and conflicts
- Competitive salary
- Excellent health, dental and vision benefits
- Unlimited MetroCard
- Generous vacation and leave policies
- Awesome team with the ability to help define the culture
- Fun work environment and team events (Friday happy hours, foosball tournaments and movie nights)
Read Full Job Description