Greater NYC Area
Zipari is a technology start-up company based in DUMBO, Brooklyn, NY. Our mission is to disrupt the insurance industry by introducing consumer-centric solutions powered by data analytics. We are looking for individuals who want to build a company, a culture and solve complex challenges. The Zipari team members have strong work ethics, believe in what Zipari is building, and are willing to play whatever role is necessary to achieve the company’s goals. Our team has movie geeks, foodies, talented musicians and a mix of random elements that make us one: The Zipari team!
We are seeking a Project Manager responsible for the successful execution of client engagements and other key activities. The Project Manager will provide overall leadership, planning and management for project delivery. This is a critical position that requires effective planning, teamwork and collaboration and superior managerial skills to develop and implement solutions that meet the needs of Zipari and our customers. It also requires exceptional personnel leadership and motivational skills.
What You'll Be Doing
- Providing strategic support to teams and key stakeholders with leadership, operational planning and execution, change management, program design and implementation oversight.
- Engaging cross-functional technical leads and program/project managers to build a collaborative, scaled approach to developing and maintaining sustainable business process configurations.
- Aligning communications and improving awareness more broadly by providing overarching communications to leadership and other stakeholders on progress, issues, and risks.
- Maintaining high quality assurance standards that support Zipari’s commitment to customer satisfaction and launching superior products.
- Evaluating customer feedback and input to determine the scope and focus areas of future projects.
- Leading project estimation, analysis, requirements and design specifications to effectively define projects and necessary resources.
- Determining the priority and cost justification for suggested modifications or enhancements to existing projects.
- Promoting teamwork and a collaborative work environment.
- Managing expectations - ensuring that reports, estimates and status are accurately detailed and projects receive the appropriate level of priority.
- Establishing objective measures and providing constructive input to the performance evaluations of members of the team.
- Coaching for performance; assisting in the development and mentoring staff to help them achieve their goals and performance objectives.
- Assisting in the recruitment and selection of prospective team members; assimilation of new people into the organization, and managing team issues and problems in a constructive and professional manner.
- Health insurance industry experience required
- 7+ years of Program/Project Management experience
- 5+ years interacting w/technical resources
- 5+ years managing Agile projects
- Proven track record of planning and implementing an effective program management structure
- Extensive experience implementing risk management protocols and ensuring the necessary “bottom up” and “top down” communications necessary to make them effective
- Prior experience in matrix management and managing relationships between IT and the business
- Extensive experience defining and reporting on metrics to support organizational goals
- Ability to develop and maintain project plans, identify resource needs, and manage project schedule
- Collaborate effectively across teams to define strategy, goals and commitment to timelines and deliverables
- Exceptional “waterfall” and Agile project management skills, including the ability to blend both approaches based on project needs
- Proven ability to assemble, mentor and grow cross-functional teams
- Strong communication skills through written and verbal communication, with technical and non-technical audiences, including executives and customers
- Ability to promote and foster teamwork and a collaborative work-environment
- Strong problem-solving and problem identification skills to preempt obstacles and conflicts
- Self starter, positive and excited to work with a team of excellent engineers
- Competitive salary
- Excellent health, dental and vision benefits
- Unlimited MetroCard
- Generous vacation and leave policies
- Awesome team with the ability to help define the culture
- Fun work environment and team events (Friday happy hours, foosball tournaments and movie nights)
Read Full Job Description