Zipari is a software technology company based in Brooklyn, NY. Our mission is to disrupt the insurance industry by introducing consumer-centric solutions powered by our unique Consumer Experience technology. We encourage all candidates to apply if shaping the future of a growing company, investing in our culture, and solving complex challenges interests you. The Zipari team members have strong work ethics, believe in what Zipari is building, and are committed to achieving company goals. Our team has foodies, talented musicians, artists, and a mix of other unique elements that make us one: The Zipari team!
We are seeking a Project Manager responsible for the successful execution of client engagements and other key activities. The Project Manager will provide overall leadership, planning and management for project delivery. This is a critical position that requires effective planning, teamwork and collaboration and superior managerial skills to develop and implement solutions that meet the needs of Zipari and our customers. It also requires exceptional personnel leadership and motivational skills.
What You'll Be Doing
- Managing multiple client projects that involve one or more Zipari products.
- Ensuring routine client requests are handled and problems are addressed.
- Managing all client calls and being an advocate for your client, ensuring all team members are fully up to speed on product specifications, client needs, timelines, and responsibilities.
- Partnering with Client Success Management and other various project teams to ensure products are delivered on time and to the agreed upon configurations of clients.
- Creating weekly status reports and facilitating review meetings with clients.
- Providing strategic support to teams and key stakeholders with leadership, operational planning and execution, change management, program design and implementation oversight.
- Engaging cross-functional technical leads and program/project managers to build a collaborative, scaled approach to developing and maintaining sustainable business process configurations.
- Managing expectations of both internal and external stakeholders by aligning communications and improving awareness on progress, issues, and risks.
- Maintaining high quality assurance standards that support Zipari’s commitment to customer satisfaction and launching exceptional products.
- Evaluating customer feedback and input to figure out the scope and focus areas of future projects.
- Managing project estimation, analysis, requirements and design specifications to effectively define projects and necessary resources.
- Concluding the priority and cost justification for suggested modifications or enhancements to existing projects.
- Promoting teamwork and a collaborative work environment.
- Coaching for performance; assisting with mentoring and career development for staff to help them achieve their performance goals.
- Driving Zipari continuous improvement efforts.
- 7+ years of Program/Project Management experience
- 5+ years interacting w/technical resources
- 5+ years managing Agile projects
- 3+ years of health insurance experience
- Strong client facing consulting background
- Ability to develop and maintain project plans, identify resource needs, and manage project schedule
- Extensive experience defining and reporting on metrics to support organizational goals
- Proven track record of planning and implementing an effective program management structure
- Extensive experience implementing risk management protocols and ensuring the necessary “bottom up” and “top down” communications necessary to make them effective
- Prior experience in matrix management and managing relationships between IT and the business
- Collaborate effectively across teams to define strategy, goals and commitment to timelines and deliverables
- Management experience, ability to guide and manage client delivery analysts and other junior resources to provide guidance and direction
- Strong communication skills through written and verbal communication, with technical and non-technical audiences, including executives and customers
- Ability to promote and foster teamwork and a collaborative work-environment
- Strong problem-solving and problem identification skills to preempt obstacles and conflicts
- Competitive salary
- Excellent health, dental and vision benefits
- Generous vacation and leave policies
- Flexible working hours
- Support for remote work during COVID-19
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Advanced certification and training opportunities
- Roundout - weekly get-togethers hosted by our Founder/CEO
- Casual dress
Zipari is committed to a diverse workplace and equal opportunity. We understand that the products we build and the work that we do is better and greater when it is inclusive of varied experiences, skills, and perspectives. We encourage everyone whose experience is close to what we are looking for to apply and allow our team to get to know you.