Retail Construction Project Manager
Greater NYC Area
Candid™ is helping people get the smiles they always wanted at prices they can afford. By simplifying the process (direct-to-consumer) and reducing costs (by up to 65% less), we can help more people feel confident and healthy. We believe that high quality dental care should be affordable and accessible to all, and we're using modern software practices to diagnose, treat, and monitor orthodontic cases. Our team is a group of startup veterans with experience across healthcare, hospitality, tech, and finance at companies such as Lyft, Squarespace, WeWork, Blue Apron, and Clover Health.
We are looking for an experienced Retail Construction Project Manager (ideally with a retail construction background) to plan and supervise a large volume of retail construction projects from start to finish. You will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner. The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
An excellent Construction Project Manager must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind, and strong communication and organizational skills.
What You'll Do
- Manage new retail project build outs from design development through turnover, closely collaborating with store design team, internal departments, external agencies, landlords, and architectural partners.
- Collaborate with architects, designers, engineers, contractors etc. to determine the specifications of the project
- Follow up on permits and licenses from appropriate authorities to ensure deadlines are met.
- Review architectural plans, shop drawings, lighting proposals, and other documentation as needed
- Compile budget and cost estimates for all projects
- Prepare bid lists and packages for General Contractors, manage RFIs and shop drawings approvals, level and negotiate bids, and award contracts
- Develop a comprehensive budget and timeline for executive level approval, and manage both throughout projects.
- Perform due diligence to assist the Candid Co new store development with location finding with respect to base building conditions, layouts, dimensions, and engineering requirements
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements for items such as millwork, lighting, flooring, HVAC equipment, etc.
What You'll Need
- 3-5 years experience as an owner’s representative in retail construction project management, taking projects from design to completion
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in various stages of development
- Small-box, multi-unit retail development experience required
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Strong budgeting and computer skills.
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
- PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
Pay & Perks
- Competitive compensation and equity in the business
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Easy access to work - across the street from 4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R, W trains, and around the block from the F and M
- Commuter benefits
- Significant discount on our customized treatment plans and aligners
- You will grow a lot here. You’ll be surrounded by employees with deep experience in their field, who have a strong passion for doing great work and constantly learning
We continuously strive to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive environment, and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Additionally, this organization participates in E-Verify.
Read Full Job Description