Senior Director, Global Procurement at Braze
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Citi, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 1.8 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
We are headquartered in New York with offices in London, San Francisco and Singapore. And we have over 400 employees and are growing!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The Senior Director of Global Procurement is responsible for overseeing Braze’s Global procurement activities. This role is expected to develop strategic business relationships with external suppliers and internal business leaders as well as other internal key stakeholders, leading contract negotiations, driving cost savings initiatives, and implementing strategic sourcing best practices. In addition, the Director must have substantial experience in the processes that support a best in class Procurement organization, such as Purchase-to-Pay systems, Purchasing cards, other payment alternatives, and supplier diversity programs.
- Support Braze’s transformation objectives by leading the evaluation, implementation, and ongoing management of Procurement processes at Braze, globally
- Ensure that programs implemented adhere to legal, compliance, and audit requirements
- Manage supplier negotiations, both as an end-to-end process and as a discrete “last and final” negotiation
- Develop and maintain high-level supplier relationships to assure continued focus and support of Braze’s overall requirements.
- Analyze Braze spend and recommend cost reduction opportunities
- Review compliance of service agreements - terms and conditions
- Ensure contract compliance with client company policies
- Monitor and report trends in global supply dynamics.
- Maintain good business practices
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with various Braze clients and business leaders
- Develop Supplier Diversity Program and partner with Braze’s major clients to satisfy their Supplier
- Diversity reporting requirements
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Supply Chain or related field. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Requires a minimum of 10+ years of experience in strategic sourcing, including experience in software and infrastructure negotiations and other technology services.
- Experience in supplier qualification and supplier relationship management processes
- Proven track record in both written and oral communications, including writing high-level program documents such as policies and procedures and effective employee communication plans
- Proficient at managing multiple and shifting priorities, delivering timely and accurate work products, and responding with a sense of urgency as required
- Self -motivated, with the ability to take initiative, identify and define better processes, work with minimal direction, and prioritize time to delivery results in a timely manner
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; proven ability to gather and analyze business and financial data and formulate effective plans and targets
- Comfortable working in a partnership environment where some back-office tasks are outsourced.
- Strong project management skills, able to define, organize, and manage work expectations
WHAT WE OFFER
Complete tech startup vibe including free daily lunches & snacks, group events and top of the line computer setup! A general feeling throughout the office that what you do matters everyday.
Collaboration! Complete support of your teammates across all departments and a real “get it done” attitude for our customers.
- Excellent medical insurance and life assurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Daily catered lunches, snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.