Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about building and maintaining a global supply chain, tackling challenges head on and contributing to a fast paced global purchasing team.
We are looking for an experienced procurement professional to help grow and scale Purchasing for our global data centers, capacity and new product launches. Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the Senior Infrastructure Buyer will be part of a growing team, helping to build out critical functions, manage vendor relationships, and collaborate with multiple orgs at an amazing cloud company.
- Own procurement for all Infrastructure tickets, purchases and requests
- Be the primary point of contact for internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with other members of the global supply chain to successfully develop and execute global supply chain strategies and solutions
- Have a solid understanding of approved project budgets and Infrastructure Assets
- Ensure order timelines are communicated to internal stakeholders
- Lead supplier management meetings to review outstanding purchases and forecasts
- Partner with Hardware Architecture, Platform Engineering and Network Engineering team to secure supply chain for technology lifecycle management shifts
- Accurately prepare and maintain reports, spreadsheets and files as necessary
- Develop metrics to measure quality, performance and on-time delivery of equipment
- Develop scoring methods and scorecards to be used for rating the vendors’ performance
- Maintain current knowledge of the relevant servers technology and industry trends
- Manage the vendor relationships with key OEM and ODM partners including vendor selection, pricing negotiations and product roadmap transition
- You have at least 5-7 years of experience in Purchasing with a strong background in Infrastructure as well as other commodities
- Able to tackle multiple high priority requests simultaneously
- You have experience managing multiple high profile vendor relationships
- You are meticulous with data accuracy for reporting
- You have experience communicating and collaborating across the entire organization including engineering, project managers, finance and senior management
- Technology excites you; you are fascinated by changing technology and how it impacts the cloud world and DigitalOcean in particular
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here