We're looking for a Senior Manager to join the Operational Excellence team to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.What You'll Do
In this role, you'll drive value by bolstering the HC organization’s ability to make and drive forward effective & impact-oriented decisions. This role works closely with our leadership team & across functional leads to drive alignment on our strategy and org-wide Objectives & Key Results, monitoring progress throughout the year to ensure we effectively achieve annual goals. This is an individual contributor role that requires leading thoughtful discussions, guiding strategic prioritization, driving accountability, and improving cross-functional collaboration.
In this role, you will own end-to-end planning, project management, and internal communications to lead and drive our annual strategic planning process and Quarterly Business Reviews. Furthermore, this role will focus on continually iterating each of these processes & forums to remain effective as our business changes & matures over time. You will have the opportunity to drive cross-functional strategic projects that enable us to achieve or accelerate progress towards our strategy. Examples of current projects include developing and driving forward an updated org-wide decision making approach & programming, and operationalizing a new program or initiative across a broad set of cross functional teams.
- Develop strong and trusted relationships with key internal stakeholders (your customers) from our HC leadership team to front-line team members
- Design improved strategic planning processes with strong stakeholder input to guide internal operations & drive efficiency and effectiveness gains across the org
- Work cross-functionally to define & implement scalable processes, develop & manage end-to-end project plans, and ensure timely delivery from all contributors, maintaining a sense of urgency along the way
- Facilitate key leadership meetings including agenda preparation, discussion approach, and sharing out & driving next steps
- Partner with leadership team to develop content sharing HC annual strategy, progress, and key areas of focus during All Hands meetings
- Drive accountability across cross-functional stakeholders, communicating progress and decisions clearly and regularly, escalating concerns as necessary
- Advocate for internal customer needs, achieving buy-in from stakeholders and influencing cross-functional teams to achieve deliverables
You are a systems thinker and team player with at least 5 years of experience in operations, program management, or consulting. You have robust project management skills with demonstrated success in driving forward highly complex processes across broad sets of stakeholders with multiple dependencies, adapting to change along the way. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of operations, project management and/or consulting experience
- You have a high degree of comfort with ambiguity & are able to quickly develop hypotheses with limited information.
- You have the ability to effectively identify what’s important and effectively prioritize competing workstreams
- You have excellent communications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify, and explain complex problems to different cross-functional stakeholders
- You have a willingness to learn and dig into details
- You are able to operate effectively when there is little to no structure & many unknowns
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and demonstrated ability to deliver results
- You are able to work cross-functionally in a matrixed organization, with particular skill in managing and negotiating with internal stakeholders to drive maximum efficiency
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.