About Galaxy Digital
Galaxy Digital is a diversified financial services firm dedicated to the digital asset, cryptocurrency and blockchain technology industry. As one of the most well-capitalized and trusted companies in the industry, Galaxy Digital is a publicly listed company on the TSX and operates five synergistic business lines: Trading (arbitrage, macro, market making/OTC), Asset Management (passive and active strategies, including venture capital), Principal Investing, Investment Banking Services (capital markets and M&A) and Mining (proprietary mining and mining finance). Galaxy Digital’s CEO and Founder Michael Novogratz leads a team of institutional veterans focused on this high-growth, technology-driven space. The company is headquartered in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, Hong Kong, London, Chicago, the Cayman Islands (registered office) and New Jersey.
Reporting to the Chief Security Officer, the Sr. Project Manager leads IT and Cyber Security projects to support Galaxy's strategic and operational goals. Sr. Project Managers are typically assigned to coordinate multiple projects that carry varying levels of technical and operational complexity. This person will also design and contribute to operational excellence through the deployment of project management and agile processes alongside continual analysis of those processes so that adjustments can be made where needed.
On a given day at Galaxy, you will:
- Build and lead project teams through initiatives from initialization through implementation and closing
- Determine appropriate project management approach and processes based on needs, e.g., agile, waterfall, hybrid, etc.
- Properly scope, sequence, schedule, and monitor work
- Develop reporting at all levels (project WBS up through executive progress reports at the initiative level)
- Design and develop project management processes with related documentation and communication expectations that will be used to drive projects across the entire enterprise
- Capture and ensure all appropriate documentation, requirements, design and other required deliverables are created and reviewed/approved by external and internal stakeholders
- Move projects forward through regular cross-functional project meetings to review schedules, priorities, statuses, issues and to ensure conflict resolution and risk mitigation.
- Establish change management processes in compliance with regulatory requirements
You rock at:
- 5 + years of recent experience in a project management role successfully managing and delivering multiple major projects related to IT infrastructure, software engineering and / or information security, through the full project lifecycle using both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices methodologies
- Technical background (and acumen) sufficient to provide highly credible leadership and to be able to evaluate and mitigate complex project risks and issues accurately and objectively
- Proven ability to coordinate matrixed teams spanning various locations and handle competing priorities
- Successful experience managing multiple projects of varying size, priority and complexity concurrently
- Experience implementing and/or using business intelligence or analytics platforms
- Excellent organizational, analytical, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely in all formats
- Ability to make complex decisions at pace and work with autonomy while balancing stakeholder needs
You've worked hard for:
- Certifications: PMP, Scrum, and/or Agile (SAFe)
- Bachelor's degree
- Working knowledge of various project management, presentation, and analytic tools
- JIRA / Confluence expertise highly desirable
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Galaxy Digital seeks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or pregnancy), sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking, arrest or conviction record, his or her sexual and other reproductive health decisions, or other protected status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.