Senior Project Manager/Program Manager (Contract)
Intersection is revolutionizing the way information is shared in public spaces to ease and enrich people’s journeys through their cities and connect them to their communities. We connect brands with people where they are via relevant and impactful experiences, and we earn the trust of our partners through our shared mission, working together to build the foundation for a connected future.
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager/Program Manager in the execution of client-facing projects for our Consulting Solutions, Design & Tech group. The candidate will be responsible for leading a team in the management of full programs and/or individual projects across technology strategy creation through technology product delivery. The ideal candidate will have expertise in multiple IT disciplines and extensive experience serving as a program manager, leading cross-functional teams without direct authority, and engaging directly with client management.
Project Manager Responsibilities
- Leads the planning, execution and closing of projects
- Works with cross-functional teams, vendors and clients to create and execute project plans
- Creates and maintains consolidated master plan, issues logs, and status reports
- Facilitates internal and external project team meetings
- Responsible for assessing the impact of shifting project priorities, demands and timelines
- Manages customer and project team expectations
- Identify, resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Owns risk mitigation, including development of contingency plans
- Ensures project artifacts are completed, acceptable and in accordance with standards
- Manages budget for assigned project(s), monitors project progress and adjusts resources and priorities accordingly
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Proven project/program management & leadership skills, including experience with Project Management methodologies and tools, experience with PMO-best practices a plus
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a fast-paced, matrixed environment while managing multiple, concurrent projects.
- High degree of organization and ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbally
- Team player who is comfortable under pressure and willing to roll up his/her sleeves, regardless of the task
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- PMP Certification a plus
- Minimum 7+ years of progressive project management experience in multi-disciplines in a client-facing environment
- Proficiency with project management tools and techniques
- Strong experience in End-to-End Planning and Project Execution, particularly in technical design projects
- Superior verbal, written, presentation, meeting facilitation and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to manage concurrent projects
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Willingness to travel to the client site, up to 25%
This is a contract opportunity.
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.