We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
The Checkout Platform team owns the process and systems that facilitate placing an order on Grubhub; from the first item added to a cart to the distribution of a finalized order across the grubhub service network, we're at the heart of the platform. Our services handle millions of requests every day, and high availability, responsiveness, robustness, and scalability are our bedrock. With our servicing of critical functionality across the diner, restaurant, and care experiences, we are also key members and drivers of product initiatives at Grubhub, delivering tactical improvements to the platform at scale and at speed.
At Grubhub, we're continually looking to improve and reinvent. We always ask ourselves "If we were to build this system today, how would it work?" And as new work is scheduled and executed, we want to answer the questions, "What will the impact be? How quickly can and should we execute this work? And how can we leave our systems in a robust and scalable state?" You will help answer these questions by combining product management, business analysis, project management, and quality assurance principles. To this end TPM's focus on the following areas:
Operational Excellence: -
- Defining and tracking measurements of the quality of our services, engaging in anomaly detection, ensuring production readiness, and promoting service hygiene.
- Baselining and ongoing measurement of our KPIs to determine the impact our deliverables have on the fundamental metrics of our system.
- System Analysis - Understanding and cataloging our services' dependencies and workflows, proactively identifying failure modes and effects, and prioritizing actions based on risk factors.
Product Ingestion - Ensuring a process for engaging with product managers across GrubHub to prioritize, resource, and execute deliverables they require.
- Accommodating the Initiatives of other teams while protecting and growing our KPIs
- Working with Initiative Teams on their timelines, and negotiating the deliverables and roadmaps they execute against to get to scalable, long term solutions.
Platform - Engaging with the Platform team to ensure that the tools we need are prioritized and delivered with the requirements we deem necessary.
Stakeholder Management - Work with our engineering leaders to ensure the expectations are set and met with product, business, and other tech orgs inside and outside of GrubHub.
The Impact You Will Make
- Partner with software teams to understand & analyze some of the most interesting aspects of the Grubhub platform:
- Degrade but Never Fail. Checkout Platform services manage many dependencies. Can we reduce the number of dependencies? If a dependency fails, how can we still serve traffic?
- Checkout and re-checkout flows. When an order is placed, what will it look like to our services? Where can it come from? Who receives it? What guarantees can they expect, particularly when receiving updated versions of an order?
- Scalable and resilient payment processing. We support dozens of payments methods of Grubhub, each with its own constraints - how can we ensure that our process robustly supports each use case, and that we manage failure cases with minimal disruption to user flows?
- Secure Everything. Security is a complex issue that requires continuous surveillance and consistent response as threats evolve over time. How do we protect our customers and company from malicious activity without creating friction ?
- Partner with our product engineers to understand the vision and how we define success. Use this knowledge to make informed design decisions in a manner conducive to evolution.
Dig into our data-warehouse to make empirical decisions and question assumptions.
Model current system and data-flow. Partner with software engineering to model future flows.
Use your top notch communication skills to communicate with our team in small and large settings.
What You Bring to the Table
- You genuinely thrive in highly-collaborative environments. A critical aspect of this role is the ability to partner with software engineering teams and product teams to yield the best possible results.
- You are proficient with data flows including analytics and SQL
- You have experience with querying and reading logs using tools such as Splunk
- You understand REST APIs and generating requests and responses using tools like Postman
- You have extensive testing experience including writing test plans.
- You have experience with project management techniques such as Gantt Charts and software such as SmartSheets
- You have excellent organizational skills and the ability to write documentation
- You have hands-on experience with JIRA
- You can push back when needed and question assumptions
- You can define, measure, track, and present KPIs and other measurements of technical and business progress
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it's safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]