Paxos was founded in 2012 as the first institutional and regulated crypto-exchange, our founding team quickly realized there was an opportunity to establish ourselves as the trusted leader in digital assets. By creating regulated digital assets like our USD-backed stablecoin PAX, we’re giving customers the chance to process their financial transactions in safer, faster and more cost-effective ways. We’re also building solutions for some of the world’s best-known financial institutions to settle day-to-day transactions faster, cheaper and with the most modern technology. We believe the global financial system has relied too long on closed infrastructure and outdated technologies - it's time for a change.
The Strategic Initiatives Associate will help support strategic projects that are high priority and cross functional. The role will both track and execute on such projects, completing key deadlines and utilizing resources efficiently. This role will also drive process and procedure improvement across functional areas where necessary. Examples of these projects include:
What you will do:
- Serve as a resource to the Strategic Initiatives Team or executive sponsors to spearhead and execute on strategic projects
- Coordinate across teams with various stakeholders to complete complex projects on time
- Partner with executive sponsors to scope project objectives and timeline expectations
- Inventory and track new project requests, and help prioritize them against existing projects
- Provide visibility and clear communications on project status to executive sponsors and stakeholders
- Stakeholder management
- Escalate and problem solve with executive sponsors when projects are at risk, have roadblocks, or are running long
- Challenge stakeholders where necessary and ensure projects are being completed properly
What you will need to have:
- 2 years experience in consulting, project management or strategic initiatives type role
- Ability to manage stakeholders across the organization to drive mission critical projects to completion
- Understanding of how to manage various types of projects from kick-off to completion
- A strong management presence and ability to rally the team around project needs and deadlines
- Ability to get your hands dirty and create leverage on projects by bringing your unique expertise and willingness to learn the moving parts
- A bachelor's degree in business, technology or related field
- Experience in FinTech or financial services is a plus
Other than these qualifications, we're hoping to bring someone on board who loves what they do and can't wait to join an amazing team.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 110 employees across offices in New York, London and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquarie, StoneX, and Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, and ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, and family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in and out of office.) In addition to the benefits and perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real and measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us:
- The Paxos Blog
- Paxos Raises $300 Million Series D
- The Future of Paypal and Paxos Partnership
- Unchained Podcast: Paxos’s Partnership With PayPal
- Paxos in 2020: A Year in Review
- Most Influential in 2020 CEO Feature
- Fireside Chat with Paxos CEO Chad Cascarilla and Robinhood CEO Vlad Tenev