Strategic Partnerships, Program Manager at Bread
Strategic Partnerships, Program Manager
Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the world of paper credit card applications and hidden interest rates by providing leading point-of-sale financing options for merchants across the e-commerce journey. We build tools, technologies and APIs that allow merchants to integrate an installment loan financing and checkout experience anywhere in their customers’ shopping journey. Bread was started in 2015 by financial technology veterans, and has experienced explosive growth to date. We’re backed by top investors including Menlo Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kinnevik, among others.
We’re seeking a highly motivated and experienced professional to join the Partnerships Team.This role will be responsible implementing and launching strategic partner deals successfully and on time.
The position reports to Head of Partnerships and is based in New York.
Things you’ll do:
- Responsible for the management of the strategic partner lifecycle from kick off through implementation and launch
- Manage simultaneous project workstreams internally and externally and is accountable for completion of assigned projects within agreed schedules.
- Take ownership of projects and initiatives, carefully managing business case, scope, schedule, risks, decisions, interdependencies and interim milestones
- Act as a point of contact for all stakeholders throughout the strategic partner implementation lifecycle
- Build and maintain strong partner relationships
- Build partner trackers, document processes and outcomes, and provide updates to all stakeholders
- Deliver on milestones and objectives in line with overall project plan
- Coordinate and participate in quality internal and external project meetings including providing agendas and meeting minutes
- Troubleshoot and solve partner-related implementation problems in real-time, and
assign to other team members or escalate as appropriate
- Work closely with Product, Operations, Sales, Success, Risk, Finance and Integrations and other functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5+ years of experience in partnership management preferred, or project management in payments or lending.
- 2+ years of experience in a partner and client facing capacity
- Experience launching or managing products that drive business impact
- Ability to work cross functionality and seamlessly across business, product and engineering teams
- Ability to solve complex problems in an organized and swift way
- Exceptional communication skills and an ability to confidently and effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Team-oriented with an ability to work independently in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, project planning, due diligence, judgment, decision-making and problem-solving skills
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, has a great attitude, a strong work ethic and possesses an unwavering commitment to success and learning.