Technical Program Manager - Product Engineering at Squarespace
Technical Program Manager
At Squarespace, we empower people with creative ideas to succeed.
That means delivering beautiful software products to our customers. Technical Program Managers (TPMs) contribute to that mission by making shipping software easier and more predictable.
We are looking for TPMs across multiple levels of experience to grow and drive a variety of programs within the Product Engineering organization. The Product Engineering organization develops products that help our customers build world-class brands and connect directly with their customers, supporting them as they grow their ideas from concepts to established businesses.
In this role you will partner with Engineering, Product Management, and Design to plan and ship software across multiple product areas, such as Growth, Commerce, and Domains. You will drive organization, efficiency, and transparency across your program.
This role is for an individual contributor. It is located in New York and reports to the Product Engineering TPM Team Lead in New York. TPM is part of the Engineering department.
If you're interested in joining us, please apply here, and our team will evaluate the right team fit and job level.
What we’re looking for
- Proven track record of delivering cross-functional projects
- Firm understanding of technical architecture at previous companies
- Expertise in project management tools, such as Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence), and G Suite
- Ability to efficiently, effectively, and autonomously troubleshoot ambiguous challenges
- Eagerness to challenge others’ ideas with curiosity and candor, and be challenged
- Ability to build strong relationships across Engineering, Product, and Design organizations
- Strong commitment to fostering a culture of inclusion, collaboration, and trust
In your first three months, you will
- Get to know your role and team members through 1:1 and team meetings
- Shadow your stakeholders
- Work with your stakeholders and partners in Product Management, Engineering, and Design to build delivery schedules and roadmaps
- Learn the technical architecture of our technology system and apply that knowledge in scoping of new projects
- Define your technical program and its direction in a program charter
- Build a confident and comfortable relationship with leadership members of your teams
- Establish a cadence for project updates with your project team and stakeholders, including program communication via regular newsletters
- Contribute to the larger TPM team with ideas on how to improve planning and delivery, and present a knowledge share on a relevant topic
- Begin drafting your career development plan with your manager
- Begin contributing to Squarespace culture in ways meaningful to you, e.g. Employee Resource Groups, planning or attending team events, joining Game Night, etc.
Working as a TPM at Squarespace
TPMs at Squarespace make shipping software easier and more predictable by driving for transparency and clear communication, working collaboratively, being radically candid, and leaving our ego at the door. We treat process and tools not as an end, but as the means to reach business goals and empower our customers. We lift each other up and provide equal opportunities for growth.
- Recruiter screen (phone)
- Initial TPM screen for TPM fundamentals (phone)
- Writing sample and review (phone)
- 1:1 interviews & TPM workshop (on site, full day)
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 18 weeks of parental leave
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Squarespace sends members of the Engineering team to speak at and attend the most relevant and impactful conferences throughout the year
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Gender Affirmation Surgery
- Education reimbursement
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
- Thank you to our friends at Awaken for inspiring the structure of this job description.