Technical Program Manager, Product & Platform Engineering at Squarespace
Technical Program Manager, Product & Platform
At Squarespace, we help millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. They do this by using our growing suite of software products (websites, online stores, marketing tools, and more). Technical Program Managers (TPMs) contribute to that mission by making shipping software easier and more predictable.
We are looking for several TPMs to help these groups deliver results:
- Presence. Build products that help Squarespace customers bring their brands to life—from registering domains to creating and publishing websites using our desktop and mobile CMS platform. Level: Senior TPM
- Commerce. Build the best platform to start a stand out e-commerce brand and grow it. Level: Senior TPM
- Enterprise. Bring our core product to an upmarket, underserved customer segment and build out the next massive business line at Squarespace. Level: Senior TPM.
- Revenue Systems. Build and support our purchase to revenue platform that supports rapid growth organically, internationally, and via acquisition. Level: Junior TPM.
These are individual contributor roles and report to TPM Managers for Product and Platform. TPM is part of the Engineering department.
- Dependency discovery during planning
- Establishing clear escalation paths
- Creating clear and helpful plans for delivery
- Risk management and impediment removal throughout delivery
- Communication and coordination throughout delivery
- Coaching teams on delivery processes & tooling; temporarily facilitate agile processes, if needed
You will join a growing, talented team of TPMs who:
- Understand the customer and business problems they’re trying to solve
- Make it easier for teams to create solutions to these problems
- Manage risks and remove (or escalate) impediments to their success
- Enlist support from peers, leadership, and other disciplines judiciously
- Acquire relevant functional, domain, and technical knowledge to perform their roles
- Receive feedback graciously and turn it into concrete improvements
- Pivot to support the needs of Squarespace
- Be an ambassador for the TPM team
- Guide their career development at Squarespace and beyond
- Foster an equitable and inclusive culture
In your first three months, you will:
- Build relationships with other TPMs, your partners in Product, Engineering & Design, leadership, and stakeholders through 1:1s and meetings
- Learn about the customer and business problems you’ll help solve and the products & technologies you’ll be working with
- Understand the delivery challenges facing your teams and partners today, so you can begin to improve them
- Begin drafting your career development plan with your manager
- Begin contributing to Squarespace culture in ways meaningful to you, e.g. Employee Resource Groups, planning or attending team events, joining affinity channels, and more.
Working as a TPM at Squarespace
TPMs at Squarespace make shipping software easier and more predictable by driving for transparency and clear communication, working collaboratively, being radically candid, and leaving our ego at the door. We treat processes and tools not as an end, but as the means to reach business goals and empower our customers. We lift each other up and provide equal opportunities for growth.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
*Thank you to our friends at Awaken for inspiring the structure of this job description.