Technical Program Manager
On a day-to-day basis, TPMs engage with every one of our teams to help standardize on processes, run backlog grooming sessions, sprint planning sessions, daily standups, and sprint retrospectives. Through process, the TPMs aim to bubble up information in a timely manner for all on-going projects and initiatives and provide it to senior management to streamline any type of relevant decisions, such as hiring plans, priority shifts, and reorganizations. They are a driving force of organization, transparency, and efficiency throughout the organization. This role reports to the Team Lead in New York.
- Provide hands-on program management for cross-functional infrastructure and software engineering teams covering a range of areas, throughout all project lifecycle phases
- Ensure that clear, accurate, relevant information on major efforts is available to management on-demand
- Communicate status and big picture implications stakeholders across the organization
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure timely delivery
- Foster open communication among all project stakeholders and team members
- Perform risk management and change management for projects
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks
- Lead project team meetings and facilitate tracking and completion of critical action items
- Engage with both external and internal stakeholders to ensure proper project definition, kick-off, and monitoring
- Understand company or business unit strategy, goals, and objectives, and to use them as guiding principles when influencing a project
- Drive constant internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions
- Help teams understand cross-team dependencies in order to better align efforts with the goals of the organization at large
- Establish excellent working relationships with all partners throughout the organization, with an emphasis on being able to unblock team members when they are stuck
- 4+ years experience in Program Management and/or Project Management.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong communication, coordination, and organizational skills
- An innate desire to bring definition and organization to any situation encountered
- Proven ability to work directly with highly technical engineering teams and management
- Familiarity with agile development frameworks and philosophy
- Solid understanding of relevant technologies; an ability to explain the architectures of main systems in previous roles
- Comfortable engaging with all levels of the organization in a professional manner
- Excellent leadership skills and a strong ability to build working relationships throughout the organization
- JIRA expertise is a big plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.