Technical Program Manager at NS1
NS1’s mission is to unlock the potential of DNS to deliver the tech that powers our customers and the world. We are the market leader in DNS and traffic management software and services, and our customers include the biggest properties and largest enterprises on the internet, such as Salesforce, LinkedIn, Squarespace, Pandora, Imgur, Yelp, Dropbox, and many more. Our modern DNS technologies enable optimized application delivery, couple via our APIs into the tooling and processes of today’s DevOps organizations, and deliver reliability and performance at global scale. We operate a worldwide, highly tuned Managed DNS network, and also deliver our technologies to customers as single-tenant software deployments. We solve incredibly challenging problems on behalf of our customers, in the most mission critical parts of their stack.The Role
Our technical program manager will join the engineering organization to drive process and project management practices across our platform development. The TPM will focus on the execution of product strategy for SaaS and on-premises software products and will encourage a culture of predictability with project work plans, including building out iterative estimation practices and helping teams deliver on their commitments to our customers.
The TPM will ensure seamless coordination of stakeholders around project variables, generating a shared understanding of deliverables and timelines. As NS1 grows, the TPM will ensure the team’s methodology evolves to get work done effectively, and will grow their project management practices in tandem.
You bring a bag of tricks of techniques from your experiences, with an intrinsic flexibility to find out what fits best in each scenario. You thrive when given the opportunity to design systems and bring technical program management experience of your own at significant scale.
- Optimize delivery practices of engineering organization, providing hands-on program management during all phases of development and deployment across high-priority projects.
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to ensure big ideas and lofty goals have tangible, attainable steps
- Effectively drive decision-making across stakeholders on relevant trade-offs, including scope, time, and cost of resources
- Surface and manage risks and dependencies
- Spot communication challenges and cultivate effective communication across the organization, in meetings, digital communication, and project tracking artifacts
- Hire and manage additional project managers
- At least 4 years leading program operations, delivery lifecycles, and project planning for a dynamic product or engineering organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers on product scope and technical risks
- Demonstrated comfort with remote communication culture. Can facilitate effectively with distributed teams
- Meticulously organized, with strong attention to detail and understanding of intricate cross-dependencies
- Experience managing delivery of larger development teams or multiple development teams, as well as managing additional project managers
- Experience with infrastructure products or distributed systems
- Our globally distributed platform is comprised of many subsystems including:
- Custom built DNS software that’s deployed on physical hardware and an anycasted network that spans nearly 30 facilities globally
- REST API, and Portal
- Deployment automation, CI/CD, unit/integration testing
- Monitoring, metrics collection and alerting
- Traffic load balancing, filtering, and DDoS mitigation tools
- Messaging, persistent DB and caching systems
- Other technologies and integrations include:
- Linux, Ansible, Docker & other container platforms
- BGP, BPF/IPTables, SDN, packet analysis
- MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, SQL
- Python (Twisted), Bash, C, C++14, React, Redux, D3
- Hadoop/HDFS/OpenTSDB, Grafana, Bosun
- Integrations with third party SaaS, APIs, and libraries, various Open Source projects including REST API clients and integrations
We’re a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York City’s Financial District with offices and team members around the world. Working at NS1, you’ll come to understand our team is unique, both in and out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, and athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. We’re hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open and honest communication and we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, and creativity.
- competitive compensation (salary and stock options)
- medical, dental, and vision
- commuter benefits
- flexible hours and time off
- choice of workstation
NS1 is an equal opportunity employer.