As a “Technical Project Manager” you’ll use your technical know-how to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers alongside competing business needs.
You will work alongside various Product Managers and technical leads. Your work will be critical in helping executives and the business make smarter and better informed decisions around project timelines, risks, resourcing needs, and ensuring key stakeholders have situational awareness to operate effectively. This role will report into the Senior Program Manager.
- Provide the required hands-on software development and project management, cross-functional coordination, and inter/intra team communications to deliver outstanding project outcomes.
- Work closely with software engineers, QA, product managers and other engineering teams to get high-quality products and features through the software project lifecycle (build, test and release on time).
- Manage project schedules, identify possible issues and clearly communicate them to project stakeholders.
- Take responsibility for release schedules and milestones, keeping up a high velocity in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead several technical programs for the Product Management team, driving priorities for products and engineering, leading cross-functional teams to take products to market, ensuring success metrics are informing future efforts, and quickly fine tuning the program as needed.
- Demonstrate an effective execution of conventional project controls (i.e. project initiation, project planning, execution, resource management, risk and issue management, change management, etc.)
Key Requirements / Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years + of product and/or project management experience preferably with web / mobile applications and various software / IT functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical or business field or equivalent amount of experience and education
- Studying for or being certified in Project Management certifications such as PMP is a plus.
- Strong talent for multi-tasking and managing competing priorities effectively. Highly organized and incredible attention to details.
- Experience leading technical projects from start to finish on-time and on-budget.
- Experience working in an agile / scrum workflow with workflow tools such as confluence and JIRA.
- A general understanding of the technologies and architectures used for deploying web-based SaaS and/or on-premise enterprise applications
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills, with experience working cross-functionally in a highly integrated team composed of both technical and non-technical members.
- Experience in communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Experience working cross-functionally in a highly integrated team composed of both technical and non-technical members.
Brooklyn, NY or Remote within USA with EST time zone work hours.
StrongArm Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.