Technical Project Manager
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $375 million in home loans per month
- We’ve funded more than $4 billion in loans since our inception in 2016
- We’re #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire homebuying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Better.com is looking for a capable Technical Project Manager to deliver program management to the IT and Security teams. This role will work closely with the CISO and Head of IT to make sure goals are clearly defined, resourced and delivered on time and within budget while following proper SDLCs and ITIL practices
- Develop project and development plans and oversee project execution in partnership with technical leads and managers.
- Manage project and team priorities within JIRA and other project tooling, utilizing agile practices.
- Assist in taking in and documenting internal customer issues and complaints, ultimately helping to bring resolutions to these issues.
- Define and implement structured release cadences and maintenance cycles, including forecasting, tracking and reporting of resources and needs to execute.
- Manage change requests to minimize scope creep and keep projects on schedule
- Coordinate and communicate across multiple teams where needed to deliver information to relevant parties of a project
- Proactively solve day to day problems, evangelize projects and manage escalation of issues to relevant parties.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in Project Management, preferably in Security or IT teams.
- Strong knowledge of project management methodologies including but not limited to Agile, Kanban, Waterfall and hybrid approaches
- Knowledge of project management software, specifically JIRA, Visio/LucidChart, Confluence, and MS Project or Smartsheets.
- An ability to manage multiple cross-functional projects simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, communication, prioritization and conflict resolution skills
- Able to take initiative and lead when required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills; ability to motivate teams
- Understanding and/or certification under PMP, ITIL. Other project management certifications and experience also a plus
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.