We have an immediate opening for an Account Director in our New York office. We are looking for an individual who has ad sales experience, specifically on social platforms, a proven record of acquiring new business and building/maintaining client relationships.
- Manage sales across a wide list of key clients as well as generate new business from existing customers and prospective clients
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and ad agencies
- Create consultative sales presentations to demonstrate how Group Nine’s advertising products can be leveraged to connect with consumers
- Help advertisers build and execute effective campaigns, measure results, and renew/up-sell to drive revenue growth
- Drive revenue and profitability growth objectives by exceeding quarterly targets
- Leverage internal resources and build strong internal relationships across marketing, research, custom content and innovative ad products in order to bring market-leading solutions to your clients
- Develop and set the strategic direction required to meet and exceed sales quotas
- Develop the sales pipeline to maximize revenue and provide accurate forecasting
- Generate a high volume of sales, prospects, presentations, RFPs, and deals
- BA/BS degree
- Experience working for a digital media company
- Strong set of relationships with major advertisers, advertising agencies and social agencies
- Must be able to think strategically, leverage research, understanding marketer needs and creatively translating these needs into compelling concepts and programs
- Strong attention to detail, be flexible, consultative, and able to work at a fast pace and independently
- Requires strong computer skills and efficient time management; must be able to multi-task
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views and reaching 80% of U.S. adults in their 20s. As the no. 1 most engaging publisher on the social web, Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where their millennial-focused audience spends the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched video news creator on social), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and innovation).
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.