Account Executive, Business Development at Rokt
Rokt makes e-commerce smarter, faster, and better. When customers are buying online, they increasingly expect more personalized and relevant experiences. Rokt uses real-time data and decisioning to deliver the next best action for each person in each Transaction Moment™. Founded in Sydney in 2012, Rokt now operates in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, The Netherlands, Spain, and Japan. Our clients include Live Nation, Staples, Groupon, GoDaddy, Expedia, Wells Fargo, Vistaprint, and HelloFresh. Rokt unlocks the hidden potential in every single Transaction Moment™.
With an annual revenue run rate of more than USD$100m and a vibrant company culture, Rokt was recently listed in Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work’ in New York. Our award-winning culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us recruit, retain, and promote the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work. Rokt closed our Series D in 2020, raising US$80m from TDM Growth Partners and existing investors. The investment supports our continued investment in research and development.
We are profitable, growing fast, and having fun transforming the world of e-commerce.
Learn more at rokt.com.
About the role
The Business Development Manager will lead the sales, onboarding & relationship management process for new Rokt clients. You will be expected to build and cultivate strategies in the following areas: prospecting, relationship development, pricing, presentation and delivery, negotiations, and closing. It is important that you demonstrate leadership qualities and work in a constructive and collaborative way with both internal counterparts on various teams across the organization, as well as our customers. A successful BDM is able to think critically and implement strategies that deliver ROI, catered specifically to each client.
We're looking for a self motivated, high integrity individual and team player who shares our passion for innovation and everything digital. You’ll be working with industry thought leaders and surrounded by smart and driven people who are passionate about taking on new challenges together. You're a strong fit for this role if you have a sharp, commercial mind that takes a solutions approach to solve complex client problems. You are used to selling into the C-Level of large, complex organizations with a long sales cycle, managing multiple stakeholders and pulling together complex technical solutions.Responsibilities:
- Obsess over clients, hit your numbers & contribute to the Rokt community.
- Outreach/prospecting to get your foot in the door at cold prospects (previously an SDR or similar role)
- Tactical account planning and relationship building
- Develop relevant marketing decks and client-facing proposals
- Manage 6-12 month long sales cycles that will be between $1M-20M in annual contract size.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships to drive upsells & new product adoption
- Contribute to monthly and quarterly revenue forecasting and account plans
- University Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- 6+ years of experience of closing high value solutions.
- 3+ years of experience selling SaaS solutions
- Advertising & Media background is a plus
- Must have a proven track record of selling into and building credible relationships at the "C" level as well as through the organization.
- Professional client-facing skills. Polished, articulate and credible when communicating with clients. Full comprehension of client businesses and needs.
- A curious mind with a strong desire to leverage creative problem-solving skills to develop new ideas and revenue opportunities for the organization.
- Experience in working in a fast-paced, high energy sales culture with a proven track record of high performance
- Strong leadership skills.
- Unquestioned ethics and clarity around doing the right thing for our customers, for your co-workers and for the company.
- A positive, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude.
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - the average time between promotions is 12 months.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus, join the gym on us! Access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan in the US. In the US, get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone gets to enjoy the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Boston, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love to hear from you - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.