WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
The Area Vice President, Enterprise Sales is a second-line leadership role with responsibility for region new business ACV quota across several of Braze’s Enterprise Sales Teams in North America, including our Strategic, Named and Territory sales teams. The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of experience selling SaaS products to Enterprise-level clients, at least five years experience as a front-line sales leader, and ideally 2-3 years experience as a second line leader. In addition, the ideal candidate will have experience leading in emerging-growth SaaS companies, and is accustomed to driving team performance while balancing the needs of a publicly-traded company, and operating with the more-than-occasional ambiguity of leading in a rapidly changing environment.
The candidate will have a broad network, mature sales acumen and experience in hiring, developing and retaining world-class SaaS sales leaders and teams as a result of a high performing career in quota-carrying and leadership roles.
The Area Vice President, Enterprise Sales will be responsible for driving large, complex transactions as well as higher cadence transactions, to both new prospects and existing customers, while ensuring consistent and predictable growth and success. The ideal candidate will have experience in marketing automation, CRM, email or related marketing technologies, be a thought-leader for innovation and disruptive technologies, have a “customer-first” mentality and represent Braze within the local ecosystem of employees, customers, partners and other stakeholders.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead a team of Regional Directors and their direct reports in various segments of the enterprise business, including strategic accounts, named accounts, and territory accounts
- Set and execute an aggressive customer acquisition and retention strategy for the team
- Align go-to-market teams (BDR, marketing, value engineering, SolCon, executive) to execute the FY plan and represent a clear, single vision to customers and the marketplace
- Manage overall sales process and provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels
- Hire, nurture and performance manage a team of world-class sales leadership talent
- Be a proactive representative within the senior leadership team
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Minimum of 10 years proven experience in SaaS sales, including Enterprise sales, and consistent overachievement of quota and revenue goals
- At least 5 years experience managing a regional team of sales executives, preferably in marketing technology
- Ideally at least 2-3 years experience as a second line leader
- Strong track record of recruiting, developing and retaining high performing enterprise sales leaders and individual contributors
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.