Business Development Associate
Work & Co (work.co) defines and launches the world’s most successful digital products and services. With offices in the United States, Brazil and Europe, we’ve become the go-to partner for IKEA, Google, Apple, Mercedes, Mailchimp, Etsy, Planned Parenthood, Gatorade, and more. As Fast Company noted, our engineering and design teams are routinely entrusted with creating digital products for companies which rarely approach outside firms. Forrester Research calls our approach “a model to follow.”
We’re seeking a Business Development Associate to join our team in Brooklyn.
Our Business Development Associate isn’t on track to become a salesperson. You are more interested in growing to become a curator who can help pinpoint the ideal partner opportunities for Work & Co - striving to match our capabilities and our style of working with clients through an iterative design and development process. We’re hyper-focused on helping top companies create the core digital products that drive them forward. To do this, you will work with cross-functional teams and the most senior leaders internally to prioritize and manage multiple tracks of work at any one time.
This person must be passionate about digital products and their impact. You’re eager to learn more about how our distinct approach to digital product design and development can transform a client’s business. You want to immerse yourself to gather an understanding of our unique offering in the market, along with our processes and workflow. You bring to the team strong attention to detail, self-motivation, creative problem-solving skills, intellectual curiosity and a tenacity at achieving goals.
What You Will Do
- Support the Business Development team through pitches and proposals, helping create and gather materials including pitch documents, presentation decks, and case studies.
- Research new business prospects to help qualify opportunities and uncover valuable client insights to drive our approach. You’ll need to be able to quickly and effectively create reports on client prospects.
- Manage our case studies and greater content repository, ensuring all materials and assets are up-to-date. Support internal cross-functional teams by serving as the primary point of contact for all business development content.
- Manage and maintain the business development database to ensure we have an accurate picture for our CRM efforts.
- Help coordinate logistics including the facilitation of work and general communications between different internal and client teams, helping set meeting times, prepare internal teams, capture notes, and manage follow-ups as needed.
- Participate in new client opportunities, supporting client communications and helping the Business Development team manage timelines, milestones, and deliverables across multiple, simultaneous opportunities.
We Are Looking For
- 1-3 years of professional experience.
- Familiarity with agency experience and New Business process a plus.
- Someone who thrives in a deadline-oriented environment and is highly organized. You have the ability to manage multiple tasks with ease and strategically prioritize them while exhibiting professional maturity and composure under pressure.
- A demonstrated self-starter comfortable trying new things, quick to learn new skills and able to proactively identify new opportunities and ways to provide support.
- A passion for digital products, design and technology. Familiarity with digital sales tools and technologies such as Keynote, Trello, and (ideally) Salesforce. Proficient in G Suite and Microsoft Office.
At Work & Co, we believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products. We're
proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.