Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about helping our customers and partners realize the benefits of DigitalOcean’s cloud infrastructure.
We are looking for a Business Development Representative focused on our North America market who can build, facilitate and drive new customer acquisition to enable DO to meet its monthly recurring revenue goals (MRR).
The Business Development Representative is an individual contributor role reporting to the GTM Lead (Americas). In this position you will play a critical role in expanding our presence in the market, and converting warm & cold leads into DO acquisition opportunities. You will work closely with the sales and marketing teams to ensure seamless transition of opportunities once qualified. Like any high performing team, you will be measured by results, in this case the volume and quality of your opportunity identification, tracked through to workload deployment. In summary, you will be the first line of engagement with future DO customers and will have an impact on the success of DO as an organization.What You'll Be Doing:
- Managing a high volume of daily inbound leads from a variety of marketing sources
- Managing a high volume of daily outbound emails and calls to identified targeted leads
- Building and maintaining a prospective list of potential high value users
- Creating personalized emails to engage targeted accounts
- Using Social Selling techniques to expand network and open up new opportunities
- Processing unqualified inquiries to pre-qualified opportunities
- Providing exceptional customer service to inbound inquiries
- Documenting and tracking within a Salesforce CRM system
- Providing feedback on lead quality and effectiveness of GTM lead generation activities
- Proven lead generation experience
- Experience in relationship development and opportunity identification
- Previous experience in IaaS or PaaS is a plus
- Ability to clearly understand and articulate solution value propositions
- Technical aptitude to understand our products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts in clear and concise terms
- Ability to quickly synthesize and put to use new information
- Experience in SFDC a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our GTM team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!