Customer Success Manager
NS1’s mission is to unlock the potential of DNS to deliver the tech that powers our customers and the world. We are the market leader in DNS and traffic management software and services, and our customers include the biggest properties and largest enterprises on the internet, such as Salesforce, LinkedIn, Squarespace, Pandora, Imgur, Yelp, Dropbox, and many more. Our modern DNS technologies enable optimized application delivery, couple via our APIs into the tooling and processes of today’s DevOps organizations, and deliver reliability and performance at global scale. We operate a worldwide, highly tuned Managed DNS network, and also deliver our technologies to customers as single-tenant software deployments. We solve incredibly challenging problems on behalf of our customers, in the most mission critical parts of their stack.
NS1’s Customer Success Managers (CSMs) are valued partners for some of the most significant properties on the internet, onboarding them to our robust platform and then helping them meet their strategic objectives each year. We’re looking for an individual who is eager to take on the challenge of working with a highly technical customer base whose use cases will push our platform - and our team - to consistently perform at a high level.
As an ideal candidate for this position, you thrive in cross-functional roles and have impeccable project management skills. You’re a problem solver searching for a fast-paced environment where you’ll have the chance to grow within an organization. You’re intrigued by the prospect of learning a new technology and putting that knowledge to use when communicating with clients. A barrage of incoming customer requests does not overwhelm you; your deep knowledge of the customer base allows you to prioritize and direct traffic accordingly.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Becoming an expert on your customers; understanding their needs and being proactive in identifying how to improve their experience with NS1
- Helping customers recognize what makes the product unique and increasing their level of comfort with accessing advanced features
- Managing new customer migrations to the NS1 platform and implementing customized project plans
- Leveraging resources across NS1's engineering teams to solve client challenges
- Coordinating and preparing business reviews for enterprise customers
- Collaborating with NS1's Customer Success Engineers on prioritizing incoming customer requests
- Identifying and qualifying opportunities for upsells and upgrades and working with Sales to bring those deals across the finish line
- Experience as a dedicated account resource for enterprise customers, either directly or as an external consultant
- Experience leading face-to-face customer meetings and presenting to a highly technical audience
- Proven track record of crafting custom project plans that align with customer objectives
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment and able to thrive with limited oversight
Nice to have:
- Experience working in infrastructure technology
- Expert in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with SQL or other database query languages
Working @ NS1
We’re a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York City’s Financial District with offices and team members around the world. Working at NS1, you’ll come to understand our team is unique, both in and out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, and athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. We’re hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open and honest communication and we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, and creativity.
- competitive compensation (salary and stock options)
- medical, dental, and vision
- commuter benefits
- flexible hours and time off
- choice of workstation
NS1 is an equal opportunity employer.