Customer Success Specialist at Simon Data
Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We're a data-first marketing platform startup, and we approach our work seriously; we tackle problems in a scrappy and disruptive fashion, yet we build for scale to support our clients at big data volume.
We are the first and only enterprise customer data platform with a fully-integrated marketing cloud. Moving beyond the limitations of both categories, Simon’s platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale big data and machine learning to power customer communications in any channel. Simon’s unique approach allows brands to develop incredible personalization capabilities without needing to build and maintain massive bespoke data infrastructure.
Our culture is rooted in organizational transparency, empowering individuals, and an attitude of getting things done. If you want to be a valuable contributor on a team that champions these core values we would love to hear from you.The Role
The Customer Success Specialist ( CSS) is the foundation of Simon Data’s Client Solutions Team, providing deep and responsive technical and client service to facilitate utilization of the Simon Data Platform. CSSs are responsible for a portfolio of accounts in partnership with dedicated Client Solutions Managers (CSM), providing the first line of responsive support that clients can rely on for their day-to-day needs. CSSs are encouraged to develop and maintain a deep understanding of their clients’ data and marketing workflows, enabling them to support clients in building useful audiences and datasets to power dynamic and targeted customer experiences.
The CSS role is also an apprenticeship-style gateway to more advanced roles across the broader Simon Data organization. By giving our CSSs deep exposure to client data models, technology architecture, marketing workflows, and platform use cases our CSSs are well-positioned to grow into more senior roles within the Client Solutions Team (e.g. Strategic Advisory, Commercial Management, Solutions Architecture, etc.), as well as laterally into other functions across Simon (e.g. Product, Sales, Business Operations, etc.) as their careers advance.
CSSs are responsible for driving account renewals and client satisfaction by facilitating the utilization of Simon Data’s platform by client end-users. CSSs accomplish this by providing outstanding support to our customers, acting as the day-to-day point of contact for a fixed portfolio of accounts, responding to technical and strategic customer inquiries, troubleshooting issues clients may raise with our platform or processes, and acting as an advocate for client end-users. CSSs are encouraged to partner closely with their dedicated Client Solutions Managers to ensure that clients are consistently using the platform to achieve their strategic and marketing objectives.
This role is ideal for you if you are someone who is analytically-minded and interested in learning tech and digital marketing from the ground up, can communicate clearly, and are passionate about forming and growing relationships. You have a strong desire to learn what it takes to build an enterprise SaaS business.What You’ll Do
- Interface directly with clients in Slack, email, and other relevant communication channels as the day-to-day end-user point of contact
- Participate in bi-weekly client sprint meetings via videoconference
- Troubleshoot end-user technical issues
- Triage tactical client service requests and raise to CSMs or the Engineering Team where appropriate
- Write SQL queries to bring data sets into the platform and generate complex ad-hoc reports for clients
- Support clients in segment creation, including reasoning about segment logic vis-a-vis segment use cases
- Support clients in deploying rich personalizations via Simon’s native templating language
- Support clients in maintaining good platform hygiene (naming conventions, foldering, data set organization)
- Actively tackle problems by identifying bugs, user experience issues and missing or outdated documentation
- Train end-users in the features and functionality of the platform
- Develop platform utilization and return on investment analyses to support renewal conversations
- Support the creation of client-facing documentation and user guides
- Be a key player in coordinating efforts with client partners
- 0-2 years of professional experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Deep analytical skill set
- Experience Analyzing Data
- Experience with SQL, Excel, or Another Query Language Is a Plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High emotional intelligence
- Strong business aptitude
- Interest in digital marketing and technology
- Desire to cultivate deep client relationships
- Strong individual organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured and fast-paced environment
- Programming language experience a plus
- Thoughtful, curious and a problem solver
- Personable, collaborative, and a sense of humor
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.Diversity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.