Deal Desk Manager at Latch
Latch is seeking a Deal Desk Manager who will play an instrumental role in helping us grow. We are making smart access that helps building owner/operators and residents open, manage, and share their spaces.
You will strategically partner with our Sales organization, offering guidance to drive deal execution, while complying with company policies and procedures you will help form. You will be key to accelerate revenue growth by streamlining Finance - Sales processes and providing guidance and leadership for:
- Defining the process for quotes and proposal creation and sign-off
- Packaging and pricing of Latch’s offerings
- Supporting the structuring and executing large/strategic deals including bid management
- Driving value pricing into the deals and processes in a competitive changing landscape
If you’re excited by driving growth through cross-channel and cross-product initiatives and want to be part of a disruptive and fast growing company, look no further. Successful candidates have a passion for navigating complex deal structures and experience working cross-functionally with Sales, Finance, Legal, and Executive teams.
You are a relentless executer, a phenomenal business partner, process oriented, and a great communicator. You are high energy and take pride in your craft. You embrace responsibility and have a background in Finance, Sales operations, and pricing. You thrive in complex and high growth environments and can solve complex problems while communicating effectively with business partners and management. You love to learn, build things from scratch and create efficient processes. You have high attention to detail and are a great project manager.
What You'll Do
- Serve as a strategic and tactical business partner to the sales organization and support functions to facilitate complex deal approvals
- Serve as an escalation point across stakeholders to identify friction points within sales processes and help move deals forward
- Manage the daily quote and pricing approvals processes, ensuring compliance with sales and business approval policies and assist Sales with drafting and delivering quotes and order forms.
- Lead drafting proposals/quotes and provide Sales with deal structure and pricing guidance to increase profitability, meet strategic corporate goals, and accelerate deal closure
- Ensure that sales proposals follow established corporate policies, business terms, and legal, billing and revenue recognition standards
- Audit and validate data and margins on adhoc deals submitted by sales team.
- Perform margin and pricing analyses in order to support business initiatives.
- Manage Enterprise pricing and packaging, including pricing calculator & discounting
- Proactively lead communication with sales leaders to resolve potential deal challenges
- Maintain scalable operations and feedback loop between regional hubs and HQ to increase contract velocity and efficiency
- Publish regular reporting reflecting deal flow, deal data and key KPIs
- Create and manage adherence to our quote-to-contract processes and policies for our commercial engine, while effectively escalating new use-cases outside of current approval matrix
- Maintain an agreed upon Service level agreement (SLA) on deal turnaround times.
- Provide technical advice to resolve complex contract system questions
- Serve as the point of contact and subject matter expert on deal constructs, special pricing, operations, approval policies, and troubleshooting of deal issues and sales escalations
- Partner with sales and legal to resolve complex contract issues and develop solutions in compliance with business practices and policies.
- Responsible for drafting and modifying order form/contract language in partnership with legal
- 3+ years of experience in deal support management preferably in a fast growing tech company
- A minimum of two years’ experience in an analytical role within one or more of the disciplines of Sales, Marketing, or Finance
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial, fast-changing environment that requires strategic thinking, resourcefulness, results-oriented decision making and commitment to excellence
- Strong understanding of sales processes and methodologies
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with collaboration between finance, accounting, legal, sales operations and sales to help frame and price customer quotes
- Proactive, creative, and results oriented individual
- Self-motivated, critical thinker with prior experience with complex, cross-functional pricing and proposal execution across Sales, Legal, and Finance
- Positive team player and effective communicator with all levels of management and cross-functional organizations
- Experience using Salesforce’s CPQ is a plus
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, and share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents and property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We offer unlimited time off, a competitive health package, and the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, and fast-paced office environment. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards and Penn Station in New York City.
Applicant Privacy Notice