Director, Business Development (Health, CPG and/or QSR Focus) at The Trade Desk (Greater NYC Area, NY)
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
You are a master relationship builder, sales leader, and creative problem solver. You exhibit high emotional intelligence and professionalism at all times, and are a true consultative business partner with your clients. This high visibility role offers an unparalleled opportunity to lead a portfolio of our largest accounts, by leveraging your understanding of programmatic, customer engagement, & strategic up selling.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Acquire, build, and cultivate relationships with senior leadership at agencies (including potentially Zenith and/or Havas)
- Proactively build client-focused relationships across a variety of teams, including Center of Excellence teams, Media, Brand Managers, Digital/Programmatic, TV Buying and Planning, Procurement and Shopper Marketing
- Identify and close strategic up-selling opportunities by understanding core client business needs
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, to identify and develop our unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Work collectively with client services and with the The Trade Desk trading team to cultivate accounts
- Communicate the value of The Trade Desk media buying platform by walking through detailed demonstrations of the product
- Take lead in responding to RFP’s or new inner agency opportunities, including qualification & win strategy
- Coordinate global account discussions with counterparts across the globe
- Work closely with product, marketing and revenue teams to constantly optimize efforts relating to company-wide goals
- Mentor and manage individuals in the organization with account responsibility
- Contribute to The Trade Desk culture
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of work experience; must have 3-5 years of relevant industry sales experience including categories like Pharma, Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Quick Service Restaurants (QSR)
- Existing relationships with decision-makers at major holding companies a plus—Especially Zenith, Havas or Publicis Health Media
- Experience at an online publisher, ad network, ad exchange, ad server, SEM platform, DSP, or other online advertising role
- Experience establishing longstanding, consultative client relationships
- Strong communication skills with the ability to speak with C-level clients
- Strong quantitative skills and negotiations ability
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue expectations
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.