Bizzabo is looking for an engaging, motivational, and results-oriented sales leader to lead our growing business development team. You'll be joining a world-class Sales organization that will level up your career and exponentially grow your leadership skills. Reporting to the VP of General Business Sales, the Director of Business Development will be responsible for overseeing pipeline development and management of their team and work directly with other sales leaders to ensure a successful lead generation machine. This will be a critical member of our growth team that will contribute by driving a pipeline of new business opportunities.
Bizzabo powers immersive in-person, virtual, and hybrid experiences. The Bizzabo Event Experience OS is a data-rich open platform that allows Event Experience Leaders to manage events, engage audiences, activate communities, and deliver powerful business outcomes — all while keeping attendee data private and secure. Bizzabo powers events for world-leading brands, from Fortune 100 enterprise organizations and financial institutions to creative agencies and scaling tech companies. Bizzabo was founded by Boaz Katz, Alon Alroy, and Eran Ben-Shushan, and has more than 300 employees in its New York, Tel-Aviv, Kyiv, and London offices, as well as 15+ remote locations around the world.
Community Details and Perks:
The Bizzabo Community
At Bizzabo we believe that culture is more than just happy hour and a ping pong table (though we do love a good ping pong tournament), we believe that culture is everything we do and how we do it. Our values are what help to guide us in our interactions with each other, our customers, and anyone who crosses paths with Bizzabo. Bizzabo fosters an environment of communication and trust. We don’t just offer the opportunity to share ideas, we encourage you to own your ideas and bring them to fruition.
We believe the future of events is all about choice and flexibility, which is why we've adopted a remote-friendly hybrid model for our workforce. We have offices in several major global cities, and we encourage our team to gather in-person without any requirements about how often that happens. Additionally, we have people working from 15+ remote locations around the world.
- We offer a comprehensive insurance package at no out of pocket cost to the employee, 401k, Pre-tax commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
- We are a dog friendly in-person and virtual office!
- For new employees joining us during this remote work period, we offer a comprehensive virtual onboarding experience with a stipend to get your remote office set up.
- We have frequent Bizzabonding activities including bi-weekly sponsored lunches, bi-weekly happy hours, virtual cooking classes, yoga classes, fitness classes, and other virtual bonding activities to keep our Bizzaboers engaged and connected. We welcome all new ideas and encourage each Bizzaboer to participate or lead their own virtual event!
- Our office is located on 27th and Broadway south of Madison Square Garden. This vibrant neighborhood includes great lunch spots, train accessibility, and views of the Empire State Building.
What You'll be doing:
- Manage, hire and scale our BDR team across the US to drive highly qualified opportunities
- Coach and empower BDRs and BDR Managers as they grow their sales career; create and implement training and a clear path of success for team members
- Serve as a best practices expert for building inbound and outbound pipeline generation tactics
- Create and deliver accurate analysis of individual/team results and maintain reporting to accurately track and manage BDR sales metrics
- Inspect and advise BDR messaging in collaboration with our Product Marketing team and VP of General Business Sales
- Foster open communication while driving a fun and successful sales team climate
- Be a strategic partner and advisor for Demand Marketing leadership in creating future business development direction
Your Role Will Consist Of
- Hiring, training, and managing a team of Outbound BDRs that work across the corporate, mid-market, enterprise, and channel segments
- Owning the Sales Development funnel including process improvements and tool development to increase efficiency and reduce complexity
- Taking an active role in coaching your team - remotely and face to face.
- Being comfortable in the ability to use data to support decisions and initiatives
- Monitoring and refining sales lead processes, metrics, and tools to maximize success of the BDR team.
- Cultivating an environment of teamwork, openness, creativity, and continuous improvement of everyone's role
- Working side by side with Sales Ops, Sales Enablement, and senior sales leadership to help create ongoing training to accelerate ramp time for new BDRs
- Actively participating and initiating change projects at a local and global level
- Encouraging global team involvement and culture - The Business Development Org is spread across the US and EMEA, and we must encourage and influence proactive teamwork
Who You Are
- 3+ years experience in managing midsize teams of individual contributors and first-line managers to collectively achieve a common goal
- Someone who exhibits a high degree of motivation, energy and creativity working in a fast-paced organization
- Understanding of sales process and best practices - preferably within a direct, B2B, SaaS inbound/outbound sales environment
- Experience with sales management and lead generation software tools (Salesforce, Outreach.io, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Zoom, etc.)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience managing and improving BDR KPIs
- Consistent track record of quota overachievement as a team manager or director
- Results-oriented, metrics driven track record
- Strong organizational and team management skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business, Marketing or relevant field