Business Development at Policygenius...
Are you passionate about establishing high-impact business partnerships? Do you enjoy strategically seeking out new revenue opportunities? Do you have a multifaceted background that touches on business development, marketing, and finance?
The Business Development team is responsible for establishing and growing revenue driving partnerships at Policygenius. We are creative and relentless in figuring out ways to grow the business. The Director of Business Development will be responsible for playing a key role in helping the team reach its revenue and growth goals via a combination of establishing new strategic partnerships and managing a base of existing partners. The Director of Business Development will report to the SVP of Finance and Business & Corporate Development.
In this role, you will…
- Strategically prospect for new partnerships and grow existing high value opportunities with a focus on our Property & Casualty insurance vertical
- Build business cases to secure resources to meet growth objectives
- Negotiate complex deals and take the lead in creating proposals to secure partners
- Work cross-functionally across Operations, Product, Design, Marketing, and Engineering to get larger-scale partnerships properly implemented and collaborate with an account manager on driving cost efficient growth post launch
- Hire and manage team members, from recruiting to onboarding and training to performance management
- Contribute to strategic initiative projects (i.e. new product, new channel, etc.) via analytics, research, and consumer insights
- Assemble clear and concise presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- Establish, track, and report on KPIs, while routinely meeting or exceeding goals
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 7+ years of full-cycle business development experience, from initial outreach through launch/early account management; ideally with experience from a high-growth B2C start-up
- You have a track record of setting strategic growth plans for a channel or business unit and successfully executing on them with a team
- You have the expertise to fill deal pipelines and structuring deals of all sizes
- You are skilled at negotiation and navigating complex business situations with outside parties
- You display strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive relationships with others to gain buy-in and achieve cross-functional business results
- You have a passion for management and experience leading & developing team members
- You have advanced analytical and problem solving skills; ability to understand complex business and product strategies
- You have a deep aptitude for numbers, passion for accuracy, and exceptional attention to detail
- You have proven track record of meeting deadlines and collaborating with stakeholders across multiple teams
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” three years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!