As the Director of Partnerships for Skillshare, you will lead our efforts to build key relationships with top thought leaders, institutions, and brand partners to drive growth and build the Skillshare brand. This role is a crucial part of our NYC original content team, working hand-in-hand with our Head of Content and overseeing a team of Partnerships Managers.
As the team’s lead, you’ll provide guidance and coaching to Partnerships Managers around:
- Talent scouting and outreach
- Sales and pitching
- Deal structuring and closing
- Partnership strategy and marketing
- Relationship management
In addition, you’ll oversee our most experimental and high-growth partnerships areas, potentially to include international content expansion and signing top household names.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a growth-minded, creative individual eager to make a big impact on a small team.
What you'll need to be successful:
- You have a diverse skillset across sales, talent scouting, client/account management, partnerships, influencer marketing, deal structuring, consulting, project management, and brand strategy.
- You have management experience and know how to build and grow a successful team.
- You understand the nuances of working with creatives, clients, and VIPs. You’re comfortable working with brands and high-level talent, love to develop authentic relationships, and are motivated to close.
- You love coming up with new ideas and then also getting hands-on and figuring out if they work.
- You’re deeply familiar with the creative community, or are able to quickly immerse yourself in the field.
- Startup and/or international experience are bonuses, but not required.
Why you want this job:
- Impact: This role has the potential to dramatically scale and expand how we work with partners, and the role they play at Skillshare.
- Our mission: We are building a learning ecosystem for the new economy and changing millions of lives for the better.
- Our team: We have a passionate, smart team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Your life: We take pride in our flexibility. Need flexible hours, or work a day or two remotely? No problem. We trust you to do what you need to do.
Skillshare is an online learning community whose mission is to connect curious, lifelong learners everywhere – and, in so doing, build a more creative, more generous, and more prosperous world. Today, our community has grown to over 5 million members who come to Skillshare to learn creative and entrepreneurial skills, network with peers, and even teach a class themselves. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, fair compensation, and inclusive work environment for all.