Vise is an investment management platform built for financial advisors. Founded in 2016, Vise gives advisors the tools and technology they need to grow their business and help clients achieve their goals. By empowering advisors, Vise advances its mission of creating financial freedom for everyone. Vise is backed by Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, Bond Capital and Ribbit Capital, and recently completed a Series C funding round. Come join us!
Vise is looking for a Head of Sales Operations to partner with our Chief Sales Officer on Go-To-Market as we enter scale mode. As the team’s first Sales Operations leader, you’ll be the central point of strategy and organization for a growing sales team in a fast-paced business. Reporting directly to our Chief Sales Officer, you’ll collaborate closely with leadership across the organization to help define the team’s trajectory and orientation, with ownership of all aspects of sales operations, including data analysis and reporting, as well as process improvement and efficiency.
Our office is located in One World Trade in NYC. Our office is open at limited capacity with strict contact tracing and protocols for anyone who chooses to go in. We will continue to be remote-optional until September 30, 2021. We will monitor Covid-19 trends to ensure the safety of our employees.
What you will own
- Drive continuous improvement to our Go-to-Market through targeted projects
- Partner with Sales Leadership to define & quantify quarterly team objectives & performance metrics
- Provide strategic advice to senior leadership on go-to-market planning, competitive analysis, deal flow bottlenecks, organizational structure, etc
- Lead execution of large-scale cross-functional projects that directly impact new business, retention, and customer satisfaction
- Manage the sales forecast: build processes to collect inputs, analyze and improve accuracy, and identify areas for improvement
- Manage the incentive compensation process including plan preparation, goal settings, regular updates on sales performance KPIs, payouts and reporting
- Develop processes, policies and best-in-class systems for scalable growth
- Own dashboard reporting for use at the leadership and board meetings
- Improve efficiency for the sales organization by establishing processes and procedures to ensure effective and scalable sales processes
- Partner with the Sales, Marketing, Client Service and Finance teams to identify new sales strategies and other opportunities to continuously improve the sales organization’s impact and effectiveness
What you will bring on Day 1
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in sales operations, with at least 1-3 years of experience building and scaling teams
- You are excited about rolling up your sleeves and getting stuff done in an unstructured environment of a hyper-growth technology startup
- Experienced with customer acquisition, growth strategies, and sales operations
- Entrepreneurial and a “growth hacker” mentality
- Highly Innovative problem solver: possessing strong interpersonal, multi-tasking, organizational, and project planning skills, and demonstrating ability to meet ambitious deadlines
- Naturally curious and proactive in learning
- Background in management consulting or banking AND in technology startups (ideally working closely with the Sales, Customer Success, or Marketing teams)
- BA/BS with a major in Finance, Economics, Business or other quantitative focus
Vise celebrates and embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.