Inside Sales Executive
Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that combines engaging, leveled content with integrated formative assessments and insights to supercharge engagement and learning in every subject. Students and teachers use Newsela to find digital content from hundreds of the best sources—from National Geographic to NASA, Biography.com to Encyclopedia Britannica, the Washington Post to the Wichita Eagle. Content is instructionalized to meet students where they are, with interactive tools and analytics to take them where they want to go. Newsela has become an essential solution for schools and districts, with a presence in over 90% of U.S. K-12 schools. Newsela is the content platform for the connected classroom.
You’re an inside sales professional who knows how to sell an online software-as-a-service (SaaS) product. Newsela has close to 1 million teacher and school leader users on its free content platform. Your job is to convert them to PRO, our subscription assessment platform.
As a member of the Inside Sales Executive Team, you'll be a part of an innovative group that is challenging the traditional education sales model. You'll be responsible for speaking with teachers and other education professionals in school districts across the U.S., and even overseas. What does it take to build grassroots communities with the goal of closing a sale? Join our team and you'll help craft a robust sales process aimed at building consensus, gaining trust, and forging lasting relationships.
We’re seeking an individual who wants to work in a new exciting company in one of the hottest start-up sectors. If you want to be a part of a collaborative team where you’ll help decide the future of a fast-growing company, check out the details below.
Under the guidance of the Inside Sales Manager, you will:
- Achieve daily goals by calling and following up with customers as part of various sales campaigns.
- Partner with Sales Development Representatives to qualify leads and determine the best next steps in the sales process.
- Strive for data integrity and track opportunities through Salesforce.com
- Represent the Newsela mission and communicate the value of PRO to potential customers
- Create partnership agreements and create contracts customized for new customers.
- Continually close business to exceed sales targets and drive revenue.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ year experience in inbound or outbound sales
- 1+ year experience with Salesforce.com
- Demonstrated ability to achieve individual sales goals
- Demonstrated social media expertise and understanding of the role of social media in the sales process.
- A team player – you have a track record of working collaboratively as part of a larger team on a mission.
- Process-oriented – you are obsessed with efficiency, removing roadblocks for the Sales team.
- A solid communicator – you enjoy working with internal partners to solve problems.
- Entrepreneurial – you thrive on creating things that didn’t previously exist.
- Analytical – you love to mine data, unlocking key insights that drive strategic decision-making
- Prior experience working in a primary or secondary school environment.