Lead Principal Technical Account Manager - Supply Partnerships at The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Technical Account Managers oversee integrations with clients, inventory/publisher partners, data partners and ecosystem vendors. The TAM is responsible for the success of our technical engagements by providing thought leadership on best practice implementations.
You are not expected to build software, but you will be leveraging multiple technologies and tools to manage complex & custom integration projects. The Technical Account Manager is a solution-oriented advisor and must be able to understand and communicate advanced engineering concepts to non-technical stakeholders. As a Lead Principal, you will also manage and mentor an agile team.
- Strong acumen for technical account problem solving – including analytic, troubleshooting, and general problem-solving abilities
- Coach – must enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You should have a passion for educating, training, and enabling the confidence of TAM team members to think critically. Must have the skills to develop leaders.
- Great written & verbal communication skills – this candidate will interact with some of our company’s largest clients and partners. They should understand and communicate The Trade Desk’s value proposition and technology and evangelize The Trade Desk to partners
- Project management abilities – this candidate will be responsible for understanding the department’s initiatives and executing them into actionable items across their team. They will be responsible for setting timelines, keeping all stakeholders up to date, and independently driving the process forward. Superb attention to detail is an absolute must. Experience with a formal project management method is a plus.
- Ability to influence people – superior customer relationships and account management skills including the ability to influence/advocate TTD’s product/technology initiatives.
- Fast learner – candidate must be able to quickly grasp and learn new technical subjects and be able to explain them to others.
- The person in this role will work with deal-makers and various teams such as Inventory Partnerships, product, engineering, etc. to manage key technical relationships and derive maximum value for our partnerships. Candidate must be able to communicate and navigate between all parties.
- 8+ years of of work experience in a technical partner-facing role with experience working with DSPs, ad exchanges, SSPs, or ad servers
- Experience with managing supply side integrations and solid knowledge of the IAB RTB specs and guidelines
- Experience in a product/technical management role is a plus
- Experience hiring, developing and managing a team
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university
- Proficient working knowledge of Excel, Office and Outlook is a must
- Experience with SQL, web technologies, and API’s are strongly preferred
- Demonstrable creative thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and perform in a fluid, fast-paced work environment
- Experience working with partnership leads, product, and engineering teams - with the ability to break down complex concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.